Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Normal?

So I've been browsing the forums for several weeks now and I kinda feel like there is something "wrong" with me. I am expecting my first child so I have no previous pregnancy issues and so far (at 33 weeks) I haven't had any complications. My iron is a bit low so I take a supplement and I have had some brief insomnia issues but low iron runs in my family and insomnia is nothing new to me (although of course still frustrating haha). I've been reading everyone's bumps in the road and all the complications that can spring up and I was kinda wondering if a lack of complications is "normal" if that makes any sense. My OBGYN is super happy with my pregnancy and what seems "normal" to me (good blood pressure, good mobility, decent energy, etc) seem to be "uncommon". Am I crazy? Are there other moms out there who are having/have had uncomplicated pregnancies?

Sorry...it's hard to explain myself...thanks for listening!

Advertisement

BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Normal?

Don't worry.

With dd I have little to no complications. She was breech for a bit but turned herself thankfully.

A lot of times you'll see people posting about problems because they want some help or advice. If nothing's "wrong" they tend to not post.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't have any complications until my GD diagnosis, and it's pretty minor all things considered. I didn't even have morning sickness!

Enjoy your uncomplicated time! I hope everything continues to go great for you.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my daughter I didn't have any complications at all. No MS, no fatigue, nothing..really. I think I had some heartburn at the end. I understand why you might be concerned about not being "normal" The doctor's office said I was the perfect pregnant person (despite refusing to take the GD test, ha!) I was even a little afraid that since the pregnancy had been so easy, the birth might be really difficult..but it wasn't. I went into labor on my due date and labor was 5 hours and my daughter was perfect and beautiful and right afterwards, I told my friend that I wanted to do it again. haha. I'm 12 weeks in to #2 and so far it has been just like the first, except I'm more hungry since I'm BFing still.
So I've totally been there, and know what you're saying, but try just to be happy that everything is going so well for you! Some women want children badly but have really difficult pregnancies (like my mother), so having an easy pregnancy is really a gift to be appreciated

And for those that don't have such great pregnancies- I totally respect what you go through to bring life into this world, and I wish that everyone could have a great, happy pregnancy. I don't say these things to brag, but I know that when I was pregnant it was really hard sometimes to read about all of the problems I "should" be having, and wonder if everything was okay because I wasn't experiencing those issues.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it is more "normal" not to have many issues or maybe just one or two little things that pop up, but like a pp said...usually people post if they are having an issue so they can get advice or support and if you aren't having any there isn't really a reason to post.

Are you in your due date club? Generally, that is where the more basic chats are that don't involve specific issues.

My first pregnancy was a dream come true. No morning sickness, perfect health the whole way through. My first twin pregnancy was also very easy with our only problems occurring when I had some bouts with PTL around 32+ weeks...no bedrest or anything though. I have had much more morning sickness with these twins so that has led to other issues with dehydration and such so this is a bit different for me, but thankfully the m/s is easing up and I am starting to feel good again!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
munchkinsmama2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First pregnancy, no issues. Just the normal pregnancy complaints (morning sickness, heartburn, stuff like that).

This pregnancy, about the same. Had some spotting early on that they never did find a reason for. Had morning sickness a lot longer and more severe than with DS. Still tired, but I'm also five years older and chasing a hyperactive 4 year old now, too. And I started having sciatica issues much earlier this time around (like around 10 weeks instead of 28 weeks or so). Other than that, this has been a pretty "uneventful" pregnancy, too. I think judging what is "normal" based on questions/conversations in forums is probably going to give you a skewed idea of what "normal" is. Like someone else said, people who are having problems post; those who are experiencing no problems are less likely to post.
Brianne, married to my sweetheart Eric, mommy to Reuben(4), and expecting #2 on or around 1-9-12
munchkinsmama2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty
Don't worry.

With dd I have little to no complications. She was breech for a bit but turned herself thankfully.

A lot of times you'll see people posting about problems because they want some help or advice. If nothing's "wrong" they tend to not post.
Exactly
Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for reassuring me ladies! I am super thankful that I don't have more to complain about than occasional heart burn and back/foot aches when I've been really active. It does make sense that people post because they want information or help so I'll not worry that there isn't something wrong with me hehe. I can't imagine going through what some of the ladies are...more power to ya!
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
averysydneymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had no morning sickness with either of my pregnancies and except for my hips aching with both, had no complications that were "natural." I went into early labor at 28 weeks after a bad car accident. Contractions were stopped within 18 hrs. and I went on to have no more complications. I thought something was wrong since I had no preggo complaints. I have two beautiful, smart, healthy girls!
Wife, Educator, Christian, frugalista, and trying to be more GREEN mama to DD1 (6/07) and DD2 (4/10)and TT#3!
averysydneymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
Mrs_R
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first son pregnancy was a dream. No morning sickness, nothing beyond the normal aches of pregnancy. Even his birth was fairly easy and uneventful. Went in, pushed him out, went home. With this baby I have gestational diabetes, but other than that I haven't had any complaints with him either. No morning sickness, etc. Even the GD isn't that much of a hassle, I just have to watch what I eat and monitor my blood sugars. Don't worry that your pregnancy is easy, just enjoy it!