Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Re: Normal?

I have been pregnant to term 3 times. The first time, I had no issues. No complaints other than some heartburn, no m/s, low BP, everything perfect.

The second time was no so perfect - the placenta was insufficient and my son was stillborn.

This go round, seeing a high risk OB, but I am anything but high risk. Its just like my first - no problems at all. Low BP, passed the GD screening with flying colors, no UTIs, no nothing. I have bi-weekly biophysical profiles, and they are always perfect.

So yeah, its pretty normal to have normal pregnancies. Its also possible for a completely healthy, health conscious, responsible mother to have a very tragic pregnancy. You just never know.

Advertisement

L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Perfectly normal and ideal. You hear so much about the complications because other women are seeking advice to help with them. When there are none you don't hear about it as much. Not many women say, wow, I have had an easy complication-free pregnancy, but lots do. I don't talk about mine that way much because I am scared I will jinx myself or feel like I am bragging when other women have struggles.

I felt this way in my first pregnancy too. I kept waiting for big scary stuff to happen and it never did. The entire pregnancy went just as a pregnancy should. I felt this way after labor and delivery too. I kept waiting for the horrible painful stuff I was told about and that never happened either. Feel blessed.

ETA: As pp mentioned, pregnancy/labor and delivery are very unpredictable just like life. You never really know the outcome until you get there.

Last edited by kelseyjoy; 08-31-2011 at 08:25 AM.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In my twenties I had no complications (had my last baby at 29 with no complications) but I was told as we age complications and miscarriage become more common.