Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:
wool rise/waist/hips question! Help!

Hi! UPDATED:

I have a question as I am ordering some Kozy stuff and I am afraid the sizing will be funky I was told they don't have much stretch and only ask for waist/inseam/rise not hips...

So when a knitter asks for waist/inseam/rise they really should be asking hips/inseam/rise right?? And this is to make sure that the soaker/longie/shortie fits over their diaper (so you can get it on them)...? And so if a company like KOzy only asks for waist/inseam/rise, I would give them the hips measurement for the waist, as it has to get on over his hips, right??

Thanks!

Tara

Advertisement

Last edited by Ashwin'sMommy; 04-07-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: addition
Ashwin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: wool rise/waist/hips question! Help!

the hips are below the belly, right across the abdomen (sp?) feel yours then his will be in basically the same spot.

also ONLY use the bulkest if these are night longies, if not then use your every day diaper to measure. does that make sense?
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys View Post
the hips are below the belly, right across the abdomen (sp?) feel yours then his will be in basically the same spot.

also ONLY use the bulkest if these are night longies, if not then use your every day diaper to measure. does that make sense?
Hi! OK, I will check - does your dc have a smaller waist than hips? On Kozy, they seem to only ask for the waist I think - yet people say you need to send the custom maker your hip measurement as well...

And thanks about the rise! Is this with a dipe on? Becasue for sure his hips will be bigger than his waist...and does this include part of his butt?

Tara

Last edited by Ashwin'sMommy; 04-07-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i think he does bc you measure OVER the diaper and around the butt.

the waist for me is above the diaper where you want the waist band to fall.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys View Post
i think he does bc you measure OVER the diaper and around the butt.

the waist for me is above the diaper where you want the waist band to fall.
OK, that makes sense - because I got a soaker on FSOT and it hard to get over his hips/butt but once it is on, it fits fine...SO...here is my new question then:
SO when a knitter asks for waist/inseam/rise they really should be asking hips/inseam/rise right?? And this is to make sure that the soaker/longie/shortie fits over their diaper (so you can get it on them)...? And so if a company like KOzy only asks for waist/inseam/rise, I would give them the hips measurement for the waist, as it has to get on over his hips, right??

THANKS!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

You always want to make sure you take your measurements over your bulkiest diaper As far as Kozy goes I would say the hip measurements are optional. Most of there stuff is made the same measurements, unless you were getting completely custom size from them
Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
You always want to make sure you take your measurements over your bulkiest diaper As far as Kozy goes I would say the hip measurements are optional. Most of there stuff is made the same measurements, unless you were getting completely custom size from them
Hi! Yes, I have a super big DS so I usually have to do customs...I am finding anyway! DS has a 20-21 inch waist depending on how he is sitting/crawling, lying down, hips with a night dipe on are 24-25 (I am measured below the belly and just slightly above his butt) and rise 18 (but I swear I measured bigger before, but dh just did it twice and says it is 18, so say 18-19). Their website posts an XL as (and this is for a soaker), waist 16-18.5, rise 21, thigh 11.5-13 so maybe I only need a larger waist becasue his waist is 20-21, and his hips with a dipe on are 24-25, so if they don't stretch, I won't be able to get them over his hips...) Also, some kind mama told me that wool will shrink vertically over time and so to make sure you always have a big enough rise (as I can fold the waist over) but if the hips are too big, they will just be huge on ds!

What do you guys think? What size should I get these (as many people say they run small and have no stretch?)

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by Ashwin'sMommy; 04-07-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If a knitter is asking for a waist measurement, measure the waist, not the hips. If you are worried, give them both the hip and waist measurments.
I know that as a knitter, if I asked for a waist measurement I would make that the waist size, not the hip size.
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know who told you Kozy's have no stretch, but we have two pair of their longies and both are VERY stretchy!!!
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrgrl38 View Post
If a knitter is asking for a waist measurement, measure the waist, not the hips. If you are worried, give them both the hip and waist measurments.
I know that as a knitter, if I asked for a waist measurement I would make that the waist size, not the hip size.
mmm, so if the hips are larger, then I guess the waist is expected to stretch to fit over the dipe right?

Thanks!