Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you do?

When you feel like crap and seriously cannot do anything!?

It's been a rought few days. I get sicker by the day and so dang tired I can't stand it. I can't cook, I can't clean the smells make me so sick to my stomach. I can barely get the diapers washed because of the smells. DH isn't goinng to be home until late tonight, he has back to school night I shouldn't be ordering out but honestly there's nothing else to do except put the kidss to bed without dinner!

I kinda wanna cry!

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you do?

I called my Dr and got put on meds...It didn't get rid of all the ickyness, but I can at least make my kids sandwiches and put dinner in the crockpot for DH and the kids. I have been able to get some dry cereal in me today and graham crackers. The past 3 days I had only been able to drink water, some lemonade, and a little gatorade. I was soooo tired, weak, and crabby. I kinda feel human today.

They did recommend trying a B6 in the morning and a unisom at night, but I couldn't swallow them. Maybe try that.

ETA: My Dr also mentioned if you have smell aversions (not sure it works for dirty diapers) to cut a lemon and smell it. Not sure if you have any, but if you do it can't hurt to try. Good luck! I definately know how it feels to be going through this!
& DS (4/13/12)

Last edited by MNclothdiaperin'Momma; 08-30-2011 at 04:06 PM.
MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last time I just couldn't deal with the nausea and pukey feeling so I got put on Zofran.

This time, so far I'm mostly nausea free and hoping to stay that way, but I homeschool and can do it from the couch and then I can put on a movie. The only problem is when we have to go somewhere.

And my husband makes dinner. But that will change as soon as I get off the Benadryl and I'm out of the first trimester.

You could also do freezer meals if there is one day you feel awesome.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Honestly, I am switching to sposies for a few weeks. One case of Earth's Best on amazon is $25 and will last me over a month, so that is worth it to me. I also got lemon essential oil and dab it on my wrists to smell. I really try to eat every few hours no matter how crappy I feel/ nauseated it makes me, because I know if I don't eat I will feel way worse. And I am counting on my hubby to really help me out. We are eating a lot of quick meals and take out type stuff, but whatever. There are healthier take out options we get, and it is only for a month or so. The worst for me is that I am a massage therapist and I can't just take a month or two off. So I try to load up on my anti-nausea tea and crystallized ginger before the massages and fake being my normal cheerful and energized self the whole way through. I get really tough deep tissue clients too, and it has been rough. I typically do around 8 massages a week.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep thinking, when I get my energy back I will do XYZ. I just don't know when that'll be. I know I was this sick with the boys, with DD my dad was in and out of the hospital so I don't really remember, didn't have time to be sick. Tryinng to see if my neighbor will bring me dinner!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and DD has horrible acid diarrhea! I was thinkinng about buying sposies but I used that money for take out!

I need that anti-naseau tea! I have fresh ginger but cant do that, yuck. I need the ginger from sushi, that may work. How come I always forget about ginger when i am this sick?

YAY, and my neighbor is bringing us pizza and salad!!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sip on gingerale, my dh did some research and went out to buy different drinks and gingerale was the only one that helped with my sickness. I got some zofran prescribed to me today which has helped a lot!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry you are not feeling good! I pray that it will soon pass
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #9
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally hear that! That is my life right now and it is so miserable. AND my oldest daughter had stomach flu yesterday for the first time EVER. And I had to clean up the bathroom rug and her clothes etc because my dh was at work. It was so unbelievably horrible.

Here are things I have found that help. SLEEP. As much sleep as possible. Early bedtime, naps if possible.

Peppermint tea. Tastes bleh but really helps me quite a bit.

Fresh squeezed lemon in my water that I sip on all day.

Lemon drops to suck on. Helps between meals when I need to get things done like sandwich making. I have also sniffed a lemon when I really needed to get stuff done.

Protein bars between meals.

I rented kids movies from the library and I put those on during the day so I can lay on the couch. So my two year old gets exposed to more tv than she ever has in her whole life for 2 months. Oh well. Helps SO MUCH.

Dinner: Convenience meals. Lots of pasta that just requires boiling water and dumping sauce in while I hold my breath. once again, no great nutrition for 2 months oh well.

I have considered b6 and unisom I am just reluctant to take anything when I usually don't even take tylenol in the first trimester.

And now I have 3 days of diapers to wash... I have considered sposies but that just isn't in our budget right now.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee

lemon in my water that I sip on all day.

I rented kids movies from the library and I put those on during the day so I can lay on the couch. So my two year old gets exposed to more tv than she ever has in her whole life for 2 months. Oh well.
Dinner: Convenience meals. Lots of pasta that just requires boiling water and dumping sauce in while I hold my breath. once again, no great nutrition for 2 months oh well.

And now I have 3 days of diapers to wash... I have considered sposies but that just isn't in our budget right now.
I do these things too. Plus pasta is all I want to eat right now.
Hubby is not liking that that is all I want though.

Last night he threw a fit cause I wasn't up to making breakfast for dinner. . Our roommate did it later and it was good but it's hard for me to make dinner in the evenings and I try not to complain but apparently I'm not complaining enough for him to understand.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote