Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
2girlsandacat
Registered Users
Formerly: khailas_mom

My Mood:
Babyland Diapers - opinions? prepping?

I just saw them and they're so much cheaper than other brands. PUL and fleece, with microfiber terry cotton insert. Wonder if they'd last..

Also, if you've used these brands, how do you prep them? the diaper itself is really just one layer of PUL and another layer of polar micro fleece. does that need prepping?

the inserts however are microfiber terry and i KNOW those need prepping. do i prep them like other inserts just the same? i dont know how many layers it has.. definitely more than 2.

Advertisement

2girlsandacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Parker's_Mommy1116
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrie26
I just saw them and they're so much cheaper than other brands. PUL and fleece, with microfiber terry cotton insert. Wonder if they'd last..

Also, if you've used these brands, how do you prep them? the diaper itself is really just one layer of PUL and another layer of polar micro fleece. does that need prepping?

the inserts however are microfiber terry and i KNOW those need prepping. do i prep them like other inserts just the same? i dont know how many layers it has.. definitely more than 2.
My friend has a couple babyland diapers and I do not like them at all!! They have horrible wing droop and run small. They leak horribly!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babyland Diapers - opinions? prepping?

some people love them some hate them, if you get the new version with the hip snaps you won't get the wing droop, but some people i've talked to have the one row of snaps option and they still like them. i have heard that the PUL last way way longer when you hang dry the covers. i bought these months ago and was so scared they were no good, i did a bit more research and it seems to be split on who likes them or doesn't. i haven't tried them personally yet, since my LO is to be born this week, but i'm hoping they work for us. you prep the inserts the same (i washed them 3 times and boiled them, just to be sure, don't think this was nessesary) and wash the covers once to prep.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
tcat160
Registered Users

I got some babyland off ebay and I haven't got to use them yet, LO is due in Dec, but I had to wash them 4 or 5 times (I can't remember exactly) before it would quickly absorb water I dribbled onto the dipe after stuffing it with a prefold that was already prepped. (I didn't get the inserts with them)
I was hanging them to dry, but on the last wash I stuck them in the dryer on medium. I don't know if I go ahold of a bad batch or what, but they finally sucked up the water past the fleecy liner and into the prefold.
Mommy to my sweet rose and my hunky monkey and my lucky little man Wife to my #1 guy
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i also bought some rainbow BB diapers on ebay, they were like a dollar more with free shipping as well, and fit a little smaller. i've heard some good reviews on them as well. there are a few "cheaper" brands on ebay if you'd like to look into those, rainbow BB, coolababy, alvababy, kawaii, sunbaby, and some no name brands. if you are just looking for a less expensive option.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
2girlsandacat
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks mommas! yeah, im looking for cheaper ones since hubby put me on a budget ;D i wanna try the other brand names too like grovia and flip and thirsties and gdiapers- but until we know for sure which one would work for the baby(we're due september), i can't invest too much
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
linds123105
Registered Users
seller

I got one Babyland and it's okay, but I wouldn't get any more. Sunbaby's are cheap, have great prints and work great! They are my new favorite. I just ordered a bunch! I am getting rid of a variety of different diapers that I've tried & not liked. I like Kawaii minky too, but they're bulkier than the sunbaby diapers. If I could go back and do it over I would have bought 24 sunbaby diapers new ($108 shipped w/ one insert) & skipped all the testing out a bunch of different diapers. They're the only cheap diaper I've tried & loved.
linds123105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
2girlsandacat
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks for the tip! i saw some sunbaby diapers over at ebay at like 8dollars each (shipping included). i might get one of that and one of rainbow bb just to try
Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 of these, i couldn't pass them up for $1 shipped! But the inserts absolutely suck and one of them i got even started to fall apart after one washing. I think the diapers themselves would be good on a smaller baby because these things are small. They barely fit my daughter on the largest setting but you get what you pay for... I haven't had any leaks but i won't leave them on her for more than an hour bc I'm afraid they won't hold much pee.

ETA I definitely wouldn't buy anymore, even though they are a dollar they are really cheap and i could just spend a couple more dollars and get Alva baby or Sunbabys which are much better quality

Last edited by ollie_mama; 08-31-2011 at 08:28 PM.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love my babyland diapers that have aplix! They do run small though. I couldn't imagine them fitting a 30 pound toddler. Also, MF only needs to be washed 1 time before use. Only natural fiber dipes need repeated prep washes.

Sent from my DH's Ally!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote