Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:
websites for meal planning?

I am looking for recommendations - Free is best, but i'll consider others.

I am specifically looking for one that I can upload recipes to and make my own shopping list. I have some very picky eaters and the pre-generated meals don't work since my family won't eat half of it. Maybe somrthing more organizational vs. one that actually plans it all for me??

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: websites for meal planning?

I like www.saymmm.com

It's free and you can load a ton of your own recipes/meals into it then make shopping lists from them. Takes a lot of set-up but well worth it.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
steely_cass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really like www.plantoeat.com. There is a monthly or yearly fee, but its really user friendly and has been well worth it for the money and sanity saved for me. They are doing a 1 month free trial right now too.
and Wilder (July '14)
steely_cass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: websites for meal planning?

I use plan to eat as well. You can incorporate into your online calendar now (i use google calendar) which I love as it shows on my smartphone.
You could just plan using an online calender, just set the meals you want to plan as all day appointments or you could use a spreadsheet like with open office, it's all free. The recipes you could have as word documents. The only hard bit is writing the grocery lists, but it can be done by hand on paper. It's what I used to do before I used plan to eat.
I would love to user a service like http://e-mealz.com/, it's 5 dollars a month, gives you a weekly plan and shopping list, all done for you. You can choose from multiple stores, plans and eating requirements and it is Dave Ramsey approved, so budget friendly. But I am overseas and we just don't have anything like that.