Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm in LOVE with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
I wish they worked on me.
With DD I found different smells really helped. I would carry peppermint tea bags in a ziploc bag and open it to get a good whiff during sickly times. If you find a smell like peppermint that works for you, then you can get the essential oil and add it to a humidifier or lightly boil on the stove top. Cinnamon helps me feel better and I'll put sticks of that in water on the stove. Peppermint I've used before to help relieve gas pains and ginger I've used to rub up my upper abdomen when I have an upset stomach or nausea. I dilute it in another oil like coconut or sunflower.

Recommended essential oils for pregnancy nausea:

Peppermint
Ginger
Fennel

Be careful with essential oils during pregnancy, here's a list that I look at for what not to use....
http://www.essentialoils.co.za/pregnancy.htm

Advertisement

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm, I think i have peppermint. maybe I will try puttinng that on the stove this afternoon and see if it helps.

Mine is nausea but seems like more. I guess like heartburn, maybe tho it's too low. The pain is right at the top of my tummy, like I am goinng to throw up but just don't, uck!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellySnow View Post
With DD I found different smells really helped. I would carry peppermint tea bags in a ziploc bag and open it to get a good whiff during sickly times. If you find a smell like peppermint that works for you, then you can get the essential oil and add it to a humidifier or lightly boil on the stove top. Cinnamon helps me feel better and I'll put sticks of that in water on the stove. Peppermint I've used before to help relieve gas pains and ginger I've used to rub up my upper abdomen when I have an upset stomach or nausea. I dilute it in another oil like coconut or sunflower.

Recommended essential oils for pregnancy nausea:

Peppermint
Ginger
Fennel

Be careful with essential oils during pregnancy, here's a list that I look at for what not to use....
http://www.essentialoils.co.za/pregnancy.htm
Thanks, I think we may have gingerale (I don't drink pop) in the basement fridge left over from a party and some fresh ginger in the freezer but that is about it. I think I have to go shopping once again. Here's to hoping this helps. Sucks I have to wait until tomorrow (I am working until 11, unless I send dp shopping when dd is asleep....hrm that's an idea). Maybe we have peppermint tea - I can hope.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My freind brought me over the pregie pops drops she bought but didn't use cause she hatred the taste of them. They seem to be helping with my admittedly very mild m/s.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
wondermama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I love the sea bands too, the only thing is I find I have to take breaks because they hurt my wrists where the pressure point is. I have skinny wrists too but it may just be that my skin is super sensitive while pregnant
Same here. They work but I have little bruises from them so have to take them off now and then.

wondermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Hm, I think i have peppermint. maybe I will try puttinng that on the stove this afternoon and see if it helps.

Mine is nausea but seems like more. I guess like heartburn, maybe tho it's too low. The pain is right at the top of my tummy, like I am goinng to throw up but just don't, uck!!!

Chayla, that sounds EXACTLY the way I feel/felt. I wanted to let you know what ended up helping me even though it sounds crazy. I have only been doing it for 2 days but it has made SUCH a Difference!

http://www.karenhurd.com/concern_morning_sickness.html

I know it sounds crazy and gross but it took away that nausea burning feeling that is too low to be heartburn. It hasn't taken away ALL the nausea but now I can function, Im not trapped on the couch, and I can have conversations with my dh and my kids again. I combined that with the sea bands and I just can't believe how much better I feel.

yes choking down the beans in the beginning was a challenge but I already felt so bad i figured I didn't have anything to lose. I was going to wait a few days and make sure it kept working and make a post but I saw your post and couldn't not respond. Its worth a try. I know how awful this m/s feels.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 09-01-2011 at 08:47 PM.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #17
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I love the sea bands too, the only thing is I find I have to take breaks because they hurt my wrists where the pressure point is. I have skinny wrists too but it may just be that my skin is super sensitive while pregnant
Ewww... really? I have skinny wrists, too, so I guess we'll have to see how it goes. I'm just hoping the relief the bands provide will be enough to compensate for any pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie190 View Post
My freind brought me over the pregie pops drops she bought but didn't use cause she hatred the taste of them. They seem to be helping with my admittedly very mild m/s.
DH got me some preggie pops - the suckers and the drops. Some of the flavors are awful! They do work until they melt away... I eat them only when I'm stuck in a place where I can't get any other relief (like while I'm in class!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
yes choking down the beans in the beginning was a challenge but I already felt so bad i figured I didn't have anything to lose. I was going to wait a few days and make sure it kept working and make a post but I saw your post and couldn't not respond. Its worth a try. I know how terrible you are feeling.
Beans, huh? I'm going to have to give this a shot. As a veggie, I have always eaten LOTS of beans, however during the last few weeks, beans have not been on the menu much at all. Tomorrow I guess I will be making a pot of pintos Thanks for the advice!!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #18
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope it works for you Lindsay!

This morning I woke up and put my sea bands on a few minutes before I got up. It really helped. Then I ate my beans and I am feeling pretty good, just a little tired. My seabands are already making my wrists feel bruised but I don't care. I will take a little bruising discomfort over the full fledged hard to function nausea that I was having.

I really want to try preggie pops but I can't find them locally anywhere.
ReadingRenee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I LOVE those Sea Sick bands you can get about anywhere. They really make a difference. Generally I start to feel really gross in the afternoon and it peeks in the evening. With the sea sick bands though, it's either gone or at a very small minimal amount. I LOVE them and totally recommend them to any mama with "morning" sickness.
I used those with my last pregnancy, and I really need to get another set - thanks for the reminder!
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Chayla, that sounds EXACTLY the way I feel/felt. I wanted to let you know what ended up helping me even though it sounds crazy. I have only been doing it for 2 days but it has made SUCH a Difference!

http://www.karenhurd.com/concern_morning_sickness.html

I know it sounds crazy and gross but it took away that nausea burning feeling that is too low to be heartburn. It hasn't taken away ALL the nausea but now I can function, Im not trapped on the couch, and I can have conversations with my dh and my kids again. I combined that with the sea bands and I just can't believe how much better I feel.

yes choking down the beans in the beginning was a challenge but I already felt so bad i figured I didn't have anything to lose. I was going to wait a few days and make sure it kept working and make a post but I saw your post and couldn't not respond. Its worth a try. I know how awful this m/s feels.
I don't know why it does gross to eat beans?? I was expecting to have to put something weird on them! I eat beans almost every day so maybe that's why I haven't been getting nauseous. We go through about a pound of beans a day, just finished the last crock-pot full last night.

Though I have been getting indigestion, which feel like I could get heartburn. I drink water with bragg's organic apple vinegar cider and it goes away instantly.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote