Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
SUN Detergent

I seen it on here but I can't find it in my search. But somebody mentioned that they picked up SUN Detergent for their cloth diapers at the Dollar Tree. It says right on the side panel that you can use it for Cloth Diapers. So I picked some up for my son's diapers. I am trying it right now but I had no idea how much to put in. It says 1 cup for full loads and 1 1/3 cup for heavily soiled loads. Something like that. So, I put in about 7oz. Eesh. I just guesstimated and I think we might have our first load of stinky diapers after 8 months. Anybody use SUN Detergent? Any success? How much do you use?

Advertisement

Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: SUN Detergent

I took the diapers out of the dryer and they still have a slight stink of pee. I am not very happy =/ No stains though so everything came out nice and clean LOOKING! I hope when my son pee's in the diapers, they don't have a strong ammonia ...
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Really? I'm curious about this now! I'm sad that your diapers are still stinky now But I want to hear from some other mamas now too
Old 09-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
liz1229
Registered Users

Would love to hear about Sun det. also. Hope someone can fill us in.
liz1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It has high ratings on several sites, but I never used it. OP do your dipes need striping?
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
days_fly_by
Registered Users

My Mood:

I tried it once. Hated it. Most certainly did not get my diapers as clean as I was accustomed to with Tide. I just used the rest of the box for cleaning the bathtub and sinks.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump! I want to hear more!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

I use sun free and clear
On my cloths and right now I am using it on my diapers. I'm not impressed with how it's washing my bg 4.0s and other pockets and microfiber stuff I think it needs a hot wash an then a warm full wash to get all the soap out I tried a 1/2 a recommended level to a large load and the next time I washed I use a full large load recommended level. It washed better but I needed a extra wash to get that soap out the don't stink I've also tried taking out my pockets after the wash was done and kept my inserts in the wash and did a extra wash with just the arm and hammer baking soda wash booster that worked too they felt cleaner

I ran out of Dropps soap and I am waiting to get more
If this helps I also have a regular top load washer

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 09-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
lovelymomma
Registered
seller

My Mood:

can't tell you about sun laundry detergent, but i have used the sun brand oxy-cleaner and it worked really well for stains on my nursing scrubs. nurses should never be forced to wear white....it's just common sense! =-)
lovelymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

I have been using Sun for a while now. I *love* it. My diapers come out clean and fresh every time. I fill the scoop to the "1" line and it works just great. I do have to say, though, that I will add bleach into my prerinse occasionally and I think that has alot to do with keeping my diapers clean. I guess I should also say that the only other detergents I've used on CDs were Allen's and All F&C and both of those were major fails.

I also use it on our clothes and it works great for them too. Super cheap is a major selling point, as well. As a matter of fact, I just bought some Sun dishwashing detergent since I like the laundry powder so much.

OP - it may have something else to do with your wash routine or like a PP said, you may need to strip?