Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Anyone use the Katrina's Soaker pattern for a trainer ...?

Been thinking of a good non-waterproof overnight trainer for DD. Right now I have some Gerber trainers that I thought I'd make flapper soakers for to snap in ... but I'm wondering if starting from scratch might be better. We plan on just using wool interlock longies for pj bottoms this winter, so it seems a good solution.

In any case ... I was just curious if anyone had converted the KQSS pattern to a trainer. Should I go down a size? And what do you think would make a good overnight soaker? (I was thinking a foldover flapper of some kind ...)

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
MaileMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use the Katrina's Soaker pattern for a trainer ...?

i've used the katrina soaker with cotton interlock and microfiber sewn into the wet zone. the sizing was about correct. the fit pretty well and look adorable!
i think these were medium
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaileMomma View Post
i've used the katrina soaker with cotton interlock and microfiber sewn into the wet zone. the sizing was about correct. the fit pretty well and look adorable!
i think these were medium
So you didn't have to downsize from the soake dimensions at all? Well, I suppose it makes sense to cut to the larger size at least ... DD's really sensitive to microfiber, but I was thinking zorb for the soaker zone. My big concern is overnight absorbency.

Thanks for the pic! And for the feedback.
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
MaileMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nope, i didnt adjust the pattern at all. i did sew a cotton cover over the top of the microfiber though, that way there wouldnt be any skin contact and it would feel more like underwear. i made these for a friend of mine and she said they worked fabulously. my DS just uses his like a diaper
Old 09-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaileMomma View Post
nope, i didnt adjust the pattern at all. i did sew a cotton cover over the top of the microfiber though, that way there wouldnt be any skin contact and it would feel more like underwear. i made these for a friend of mine and she said they worked fabulously. my DS just uses his like a diaper
Yeah, she's sensitive to the very presence of MF (even hidden) - she actually reacts to polyester in general.

I hear you on the the "diaper substitute" issue. We're kind of all-or-nothing (so diaper or panties - we cold-turkey'd DS as well), so I'm looking for an overnight solution only. DS is still a rampant bedwetter at nearly 5 and I anticipate DD won't be dry at night until she's 3 at least even if we get her 100% daytime PL'd. So I need the absorbency of a diaper but the pull-on style of a panty for her. We're already a fitted + wool family, so that at least won't change. But better a glorified diaper than a full set of linens every day!
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote