Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
See yea, I had a late summer baby so all my clothes won't work this time... Can't wear tanks in winter. And the closest maternity shop around here is two hrs away. Our old navy doesn't even carry maternity I have to go online. The is nothing here. The closest thing to us is a tjmaxx or kohls and that in itself is 45 min away

Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnancy Attire

Check kijiji/craigslist - I got a bag of 52 items in my size nothing for over 2.50$ including 4 pairs of jeans, a few pairs of dress pants, some capris, 3 dressy dresses, and TONS of shirts/sweaters. All bought brand new for one pregnancy and sold when the baby was a few months old.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahhlady View Post
I still have my maternity stuff from my last pegnancy. Do you guys ever look at Ross? I got my maternity stuff there and didn;t see prices like you guys are talking about. I didn't spend more that $11 on any article of clothing, including Jeans....
We do not have a Ross here, but our consignment places are even more than $11 per pair! It is crazy! They know you need it, so they jack up the costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma View Post
Most of the stores around here (except Motherhood Maternity obviously) are slowly getting rid of the maternity clothes, so many places don't have much selection of styles, sizes...Especially for someone as short as I am.
We have a huge Mother Maternity here but it is SO expensive. All the other stores have very little selection and they are way too costly as well. I am also on the short/average hight scale and cannot fit into most of the pants these stores carry for people with 6 ft legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Ddc, but I experienced the same thing! I still wear regular clothes for the must part at almost 26 weeks. I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans and I use my be band from Target to keep my pants up. It was $16 and works great. I can't compare it to the more expensive ones, but haven't found a need to replace it either. For shirts, I just started buying stretchy shirts one size larger if I can't find maternity, and I only shop the clearance and sale racks. Good luck!
Be band? What is it and does it work well to keep your pants up for the PG? Can you use it PP too to wear your old clothes. I rather invest in a band that will allow me to be in my clothing as long as possible during PG and ASAP after it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619 View Post
See yea, I had a late summer baby so all my clothes won't work this time... Can't wear tanks in winter. And the closest maternity shop around here is two hrs away. Our old navy doesn't even carry maternity I have to go online. The is nothing here. The closest thing to us is a tjmaxx or kohls and that in itself is 45 min away
My last was born in August and so I had all the shorts and tank tops. He was going to be my last so I got rid of it all. I then got baby fever and DH said I could have one more I had 2 May babies, but traded all the clothes I could use this time for what I could use last time...LOL! I am lucky to be close to everything, but it is VERY pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
Check kijiji/craigslist - I got a bag of 52 items in my size nothing for over 2.50$ including 4 pairs of jeans, a few pairs of dress pants, some capris, 3 dressy dresses, and TONS of shirts/sweaters. All bought brand new for one pregnancy and sold when the baby was a few months old.
I am going to scout CL for sure! Forgot about that...LOL! Preggo brain!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, I can't afford Motherhood Maternity either. I am definately looking for deals at our thrift stores. They have great deals on all of it! They even have special tags that are half off on certain days, so I can get new looking pants for like $3.50! Shirts for even less! I love it. I can't imagine spending lots on clothes I get so little use out of.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Same here! I will have to check out our local thrift place. I will have clothes to trade in from DS3. I might have some other clothes, too. That will earn me a good store credit.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I spent $60- not including my shoes and support socks that I've never needed before (but they are wonderful!)

EBay is what I did- if you don't need career clothes, then you find stuff really cheap in lots. I had a hard time because I need career clothes and I'm petite.

Right now I wear maternity to work, but look funny, I have some clothes from before I lost weight that I wear when I'm not at work. I happened to lose a lot of weight before getting pregnant, so I have a couple things from the midway point of my weight loss. With DS2 and DS3 I had to wear maternity- got most of that stuff from Ross- cheap, but it isn't like I needed it to last forever.
Gauchos are soooo comfy, if I didn't work I would live in em. Just put them under your belly when you get big.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I buy at consignment. Actually, the store by me just had a bag sale. I got tons of shirts, a dress, pair of jeans, and yoga like mat pants for $5. It was kinda awesome!!

I just bought a pair of shorts for $7. I wasn't so happy about it but I need shorts for awhile so had to.

I may check out the thrift stores too when I start feeling better.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

The consignment shop near me also has $2 racks I can scower...LOL! I will have to. I need to check the FSOT on here, too. Tomorrow I am going through all the boys' clothes for fall/winter.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I just bought a bella band, since my capris were tight to begin with, and now at 6 weeks they're unbearable to do up. I had mostly sundresses and shorts since DD was due early October, and now I'm due in April. most of my maternity are just no good. Since this is my last baby, I really don't want to invest large $$ in maternity, so I'm checking kijiji and some local facebook groups.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #20
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For shirts I went to the goodwill and baught a bunch of spaghetti strap tanks in different colors and cut the top off and wore them under my regular shirts. It would cover my belly and for 1 dollar you cant go worng. Plus shopping clearance racks at target and I was all set. I will probably do the same with this one as it was sooo cheap and I always got compliments when I went out. As far as the pants goes I usually buy 1 or 2 nice pairs but thats it