Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy Attire

Most of my old stuff will work for this pregnancy. I'll fill in with clothes from Ross too. I don't think I need a pregnancy coat since it doesn't get cold for long. Maybe a sweater or two.

Advertisement

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

I already bought a zip uo hoodie to wear this winter and luckily I bought it a little big and I just wont zip towards the end. Thank God for living in AZ.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #23
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah. My MIL gave me a coat last time to use when pregnant with DS. She bought it on clearance and never wears it since it's "too young looking" for her. It's a nice Columbia that I may have to borrow again this winter Definately too cold for just a sweater or sweatshirt.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #24
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I wore mat jeans today already, lol - they were/are SO comfy - though dp looked at me funny when he noticed the band - thought it was too soon but whatever...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #25
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
I wore mat jeans today already, lol - they were/are SO comfy - though dp looked at me funny when he noticed the band - thought it was too soon but whatever...
DH told me that last pregnancy...I told him when he starts having the babies he can say when it's too soon Funny, he hasn't said anything this time.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last pregnancy I was blessed to not need maternity clothes until 7 months and since it was Dec/Jan in Washington state I wore DHs clothing and a friend lent me some long sleeve tops. I bought a wrap around sweater and two pairs of jeans. The only thing I saved were the teenager 'maternity' pants, the wrap sweater and the pregnancy back belt... which I highly recommend!

I'm already starting to fill out a bit which I don't think I noticed until 3 months with DD. I'm doing okay right now with my regular clothing because I wear loose skirts and dresses. CL has been mentioned but thought I'd bring up Freecyle. I picked up a huge bag of maternity clothing, lots of pea in a pod and high end clothes for free and often see baby things and other goodies. Since I'm really tall the pants have been passed on and the jacket looks ridiculous on my long arms so I'll need something to keep me warm over the winter and that should hopefully be it.

Freecycle is offered on yahoo groups. You will need to sign up for your area.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #27
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

We do not have a Ross here, but our consignment places are even more than $11 per pair! It is crazy! They know you need it, so they jack up the costs.

We have a huge Mother Maternity here but it is SO expensive. All the other stores have very little selection and they are way too costly as well. I am also on the short/average hight scale and cannot fit into most of the pants these stores carry for people with 6 ft legs.

Be band? What is it and does it work well to keep your pants up for the PG? Can you use it PP too to wear your old clothes. I rather invest in a band that will allow me to be in my clothing as long as possible during PG and ASAP after it is done.

My last was born in August and so I had all the shorts and tank tops. He was going to be my last so I got rid of it all. I then got baby fever and DH said I could have one more I had 2 May babies, but traded all the clothes I could use this time for what I could use last time...LOL! I am lucky to be close to everything, but it is VERY pricey!

I am going to scout CL for sure! Forgot about that...LOL! Preggo brain!
The be band is at Target. Same thing as the Bella band, but cheaper. I wear it everyday so I can keep my pants up at work. I was too cheap to buy $40 maternity pants for work, so I got the band. I haven't used one postpartum before, but you are apparently supposed to be able to use it to fit into your pre pregnancy clothes faster, or hide the pouch.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #28
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma View Post
Yeah. My MIL gave me a coat last time to use when pregnant with DS. She bought it on clearance and never wears it since it's "too young looking" for her. It's a nice Columbia that I may have to borrow again this winter Definately too cold for just a sweater or sweatshirt.
I got rid of my large coat that was dying last year when I finally lost most of the baby weight. Sigh. I might have to just wear a sweat shirt or get a cheap one that is big enough. It is very cold here, too, in Maine, but we have gone winters with just fleece pullovers with heavy clothing under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
I am seeing the bump forming now. I am 9 weeks today and not ready to show. I am not telling people until 12+ weeks. I am still in my regular clothes and am trying to not look PG for as long as possible...LOL! DH said I was showing the other day and I was in denial. I tend to show early with all my PGs and wish I could not...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellySnow View Post
Last pregnancy I was blessed to not need maternity clothes until 7 months and since it was Dec/Jan in Washington state I wore DHs clothing and a friend lent me some long sleeve tops. I bought a wrap around sweater and two pairs of jeans. The only thing I saved were the teenager 'maternity' pants, the wrap sweater and the pregnancy back belt... which I highly recommend!

I'm already starting to fill out a bit which I don't think I noticed until 3 months with DD. I'm doing okay right now with my regular clothing because I wear loose skirts and dresses. CL has been mentioned but thought I'd bring up Freecyle. I picked up a huge bag of maternity clothing, lots of pea in a pod and high end clothes for free and often see baby things and other goodies. Since I'm really tall the pants have been passed on and the jacket looks ridiculous on my long arms so I'll need something to keep me warm over the winter and that should hopefully be it.

Freecycle is offered on yahoo groups. You will need to sign up for your area.
I wish I could not show until 7 months!!! Lucky!!! I gain so much weight even on diet restrictions. It stinks. I forgot about Freecycle! I am part of 2 groups and will have to go check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
The be band is at Target. Same thing as the Bella band, but cheaper. I wear it everyday so I can keep my pants up at work. I was too cheap to buy $40 maternity pants for work, so I got the band. I haven't used one postpartum before, but you are apparently supposed to be able to use it to fit into your pre pregnancy clothes faster, or hide the pouch.
Does it really work for holding your pants up? I bought a cheap knock-off on eBay last PG and it did not hold my pants up at all. In fact, it curled up into a a fabric belt...LOL! I used it to nurse in public with if I was not wearing a nursing top.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #29
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Due Date crashing but see if there is a JustBetweenFriends sale in your area. They have great consignment priced Maternity clothes.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #30
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hhhmm, I think they are having a justbetweenfriends sale here soon!