Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
ummabbaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
2 months and talking???

My son is 2 month 1 week old. He started babbling today (he was having a conversation with the sofa, lol) but, the strangest thing is that I heard him so NO twice today while babbling. I obviously say this word too often for a 2 month old baby to start saying it too. His brother also started talking early (actually talking) around 4 months is this common?

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
jendodson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2 months and talking???

Umm... nope! not common IMO!! You have a smartie on your hands!! Awesome!

(My 6 mo. old certainly is not talking.... and I don't remember his brother talking that early... now, of course- he won't stop! )
SAHM to DS (7/8/03) and DS#2 (9/28/06)
jendodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ummm no not common at all. My 7 1/2 month old just says da da da da. Very awesome momma!

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

nope not common....Mikes is 15.5 months old and still cant say anything more than "yeah" and dada...he says those 2 words over and over....
Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
stephig
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have a little genius! (You should make/buy a shirt for your dc that says that on it! lol)

My first son just turned 2 and only close relatives can usually understand most of what he says.

But my 4 month old babbles and laughs like crazy! He started smiling and laughing when he was 2 months old. (That's early IMO)
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

My DD and DS started saying words at 6 months, my DS has been a VERY VERY early talker and says EVERYTHING and can carry on adult like conversations at 2, and has been since about 16-18 months. My DD was 6 months when she started and now at 12 months she is still only saying "mama, dada, ry-ry (her brother), nono, byebye, nana, pop"

So, I think your baby is very early, and super smart!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just have to add my about something.

I found this on a DYK? website.

QUOTE: "Albert Einstein is considered one of the most brilliant minds of the twentieth century, but he did not start talking until he was three years old."
Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ds1 talked super early and by 18 months you would have thought he was 5yrs old. Then he regressed and didn't say another word till he was almost 3yrs old. He still has a speech delay to this day. It was totally unbelievable, like two different children.

Ds2 is about average. He started talking at about 10months and has a generous amount of words and signs now at 16months. He's the more physical child hands down. That kid can climb like an expert. He scares me at least 10 times daily with his daring. Funny how different kids can be.

Quote:
QUOTE: "Albert Einstein is considered one of the most brilliant minds of the twentieth century, but he did not start talking until he was three years old."

On a totally unrelated topic you have no idea how annoying this quote can get when you have a child with a speech delay. I don't know how many times I heard, "Oh why do you want to label him (he's autistic) so young. He is just a late bloomer. You know Albert Einstein didn't talk till he was 3yrs old" sometimes the speaker would say 4 or 5 years depending on how helpful they wanted to be. And from what I am told I am not the only mama who hears this, it seems pretty universal. But for me it was like, "What the heck do you know? I'm not worried cause he is talking late. I'm worried because at 18months he had the vocabulary and grammar of a 5yr old and now he can't say a single word." Everyone is an expert when it comes to your kids I guess.

Not to say anything against the PP, I totally know why you posted it and it has nothing to do with that. Just thought I would throw it out there.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think I would wait and see if he starts really saying it. I'd guess it's just babble at this point.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #10
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissum View Post
I think I would wait and see if he starts really saying it. I'd guess it's just babble at this point.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote