Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 2 months and talking???

Wowzer. My little sister started talking in full sentences very early but I'm not sure she was babbling yet at 2 months! That is super early.

Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
On a totally unrelated topic you have no idea how annoying this quote can get when you have a child with a speech delay. I don't know how many times I heard, "Oh why do you want to label him (he's autistic) so young. He is just a late bloomer. You know Albert Einstein didn't talk till he was 3yrs old" sometimes the speaker would say 4 or 5 years depending on how helpful they wanted to be. And from what I am told I am not the only mama who hears this, it seems pretty universal. But for me it was like, "What the heck do you know? I'm not worried cause he is talking late. I'm worried because at 18months he had the vocabulary and grammar of a 5yr old and now he can't say a single word." Everyone is an expert when it comes to your kids I guess.

Not to say anything against the PP, I totally know why you posted it and it has nothing to do with that. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Someone said that to me recently! And I replied (as nicely as I could) "Well.... Einstein didn't have a brain malformation". That shut her up quick (she was UBER annoying I tell ya). I know its SOOO not funny, but in a way it kinda is.

urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My neice has autism, but is smarter than most people.
Rebecca Loving Wife to Michael SAHM to Jonathan
cotton_jmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

It's funny that you posted this b/c my baby is kind of doing the same, She started laughing out loud at 2 mos and that quicly turned to babble. I am daily hearing mama and I am doing a double take. My first two were late talkers(over 2) and then my 3rd was early but not this early. But she's not even two yet and can count and say her ABC's. I don't know if it's common or not but it certainly is funny to see this little baby "Talking."

MAMA to 4 GIRLS- 12/96, 12/03, 4/05, 12/06
and my baby boy who waits in heaven with Jesus (2/17/03-2/18/03)

Old DS Feedback
southernmama is offline   Reply With Quote