Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Calling all moms of chunky babies!

My question is- all you moms with babies with chunky, sensitive thighs, what diapers do you use?!

So, dd has 14 inch thighs and everything seems to bother them. We quit our stash of 40-45 PUL pockets and moved to flats, prefolds, fitteds, daddy flats, and extended tab prefolds (megaroos). Even those seem to give her red irritation marks. I was shocked that birdseye flats and even t shirts bother her. (not like a skin allergy, like right where the diaper hits her thigh-has gotten worse as theyve grown)They don't leave the deep red marks like PUL does, but still red sore skin. I made one ETPF with obv on the back and flannel on the inside for her to wear to bed last night and it was the first diaper to leave her completely clear in the morning. I would love a bunch of these, but can't seem to find any that have super soft and squishy fabric on the outside and flannel on the inside that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Advertisement

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Re: Calling all moms of chunky babies!

I don't know off the top of my head how big around my son's thighs are, but they're somewhere around 14". What works the best for us are pinned prefolds because they end up looser, with fleece soakers on top. I have a side snapping diaper made by Bright Star Baby which is really gentle too. I think that side snaps in general are better for big thighs, because you can snap the legs looser.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
mekjsk2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son has 13" thighs at a year old and I use Swaddlebees Simplex AIOs, Babykicks 3G pockets, and Bugga Bugga Boutique AIOs with no issues. Side snapping diapers are definitely the way to go with larger thighs
Melissa Mommy to DS#1 11/13/07 and DS#2 9/3/10

Melissa Kittle's Knits for Littles~Hand Knit Items~MKsKnitsforLittles
mekjsk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD's thighs are slowly thinning out (she's down to 2 thigh rolls from 4 or 5 ) but I struggled to find diapers that were gentle on her thighs. For covers I really like pull on wool or fleece and Econobum covers. For pocket diapers, AMP's were always the best for her.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

For covers, I love wool soakers (and this awesome fleece one that a super sweet mama made me ). I agree about pinned PFs. It tends to leave more room in the leg area. I personally don't like side snapping diapers because they cut into the upper thigh/hip area on my DD. Tiny Tush Trim hemp fitteds are super soft. They don't have elastic on the inner area so they are really gentle on thighs. They're inexpensive as far as fitteds go and I've seen some on FSOT.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are struggling with this too. sandys and a wool of fleece soaker are really easy on the thighs but bulky. we did pretty well with simplex for awhile but ds must have grown and those stopped working on his thighs. nikky covers are good.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
FunLovinMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pinned pfs with wool or fleece soakers or longies. Panda tushies are cheap obv pfs.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wool or fleece soakers should work without leaving red marks. oh and i hear great things about motherease os fitteds because there is no elastic.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS used to have chunkier thighs but he's slimmed down some since he started crawlikng. He does however have really sensative skin so everything chafes him.
we use RRP that I made. I have to pull his leg chub out so that the elastic is closer to his body and not so much on his thigh. For covers we use fleece soakers and Nikky covers. Both are gentle on his thighs.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

My 21 pound 9 month old fits best in BG Elementals, BG 4.0s, BG deluxe AIO size large, GAD medium husky, Babykicks 3G, Rainshine Designs size large, and my <3 fave <3 Bugga Bugga Boutique AIO size large with side aplix! Hope that helps!

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote