Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #11
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Thanks y'all! I appreciate all the suggestions! I am thinking of trying a couple AIO diapers and prefolds. I know that even big side snapping diapers don't work on her. We use fleece covers, which are super easy on her

Advertisement

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #12
Electro
Registered Users
seller

Re: Calling all moms of chunky babies!

My son had 14" thighs at one point and we had a major issue with red marks. BG4.0s worked best for us. If he didn't have to wear clothes, I would have used loveybums pull up covers and goodmamas but that combo is toooo bulky.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #13
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro
My son had 14" thighs at one point and we had a major issue with red marks. BG4.0s worked best for us. If he didn't have to wear clothes, I would have used loveybums pull up covers and goodmamas but that combo is toooo bulky.
Weird, I have 4.0s and they leave marks! GMs aren't too bad, but they're pretty bulky like you said. My dd is a big girl and needs 12 month onsies with a trim diaper, 24m w a fitted and cover and that's even super snug! I'm going to have to make her pants to wear over her fluffy booty!

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

We use wool covers instead of PUL and then for diapers either a pinned prefold or flat or a snapless fitted. Serging really bothers my kids thighs so we skip anything with serging.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
sydjackmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know how big my DD's thighs are but she's 7 months and wears 18 mos pants so she's chunky. We use MEOS fitteds and thirsties duo size 2 covers on the weekends when I'm home with her. At night she uses Under the Nile fitteds with a hemp doubler and thirsties covers. At daycare she uses BGOS 4.0's and blueberry and alva baby. None of those leave significant red marks on her but most everything else does!
sydjackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess
Registered Users
seller

My DDs thighs are about 15inches. We are going to large GMD prefolds and loveybums XL fleece covers. (which have snaps) she's only 1 so I wanted her to have room to grow a bit still. They're on the way right now so we will see!
She outgrew both BG 4.0 then FB large, so here we are!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
2002rulz
Registered Users
seller

My DD's thighs are about 13" and she is 24 lbs at 7 1/2 months, so I know the concern about chunky babies! Here's what fits well: MEOS, ME Sandys (large), GMD Snug-to-Fit Supremes, Blueberry coveralls, Blueberry Minky pockets, BG 4.0s, and BG elementals. We can use prefolds but only with my homemade extended tabs.

I'm thinking the ME Sandys would be especially great for you to try if you can, because of the adjustable side snaps.
2002rulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a few of my "colorsplash" Extended Tab prefolds left in stock in combo packs marked down at big savings. they are cotton velour outers with bamboo fleece inners. very absorbant and very soft. not sure what size you need mama?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
lovinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daugther who is extremely chunky over 30 pounds at 17 months old and in 24mth/2T clothing has INCREDIBLY chunky thighs! I have had great luck with the kissaluv AIO diaper. Its really absorbent and it doesn't leave the marks around her legs. It's also really trim fitting, so I can get her into the pants! They have worked great for us. There have only been a handful of times that she has had red marks on her thighs from our fitted diapers, but I think thats more because I need to up the size. ( I need to get the next size diapers from our attic!)
I love Jesus Christ. I love my husband. I love my two little girls. Lydia Ann is here! She was born on January 7th weighing 5lbs 7 ounces. She survived birth and we are on day 15. It is a miracle that she is still with us, the doctors had told us that there was no hope for her survival. She still has severe brain damage and we are praying for a miracle, that Jesus would reform her brain. you can learn more about our family's journey at: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/l...createorsignin
lovinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #20
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS has 14" thighs and at home we use Megaroos EXPF with wool, and at Daycare we have to use pockets (BG, FBOS, RaR OS) b/c it is all my provider will use. He typically has red marks at the end of each day but they are clear by the next morning from being in the Megaroos and wool overnight!