Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 PM   #11
mama2cuties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me decide...Cosleeper or Amby?

Quote:
Spend the $$$ on a bunkbed side rail and buy yourself a bigger bed.
I've already lobbied for this, but DH wasn't buying into it. Once I actually measured, our queen is about all we can comfortably fit in the room. And 2yo DS cosleeps with us for the second half the night. I don't want to kick him out to bring the baby in...that's why I was thinking that a cosleeper might be a nice extension of the bed. But DS was a bad sleeper unless he was rocking (rocking chair, cradle, swing, etc) which made me start considering the Amby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahminaz View Post
The base is 28"

You can add a second spring for toddlers so they can still use it!
Thanks...that helps - I was afraid it might not fit =)

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #12
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would just get a cheap crib and take the side off it, then attach it to the side of your bed. The co-sleepers have a lip and so you have to lift and drop them back down again. A crib you can set at the same height as your mattress and it becomes a total extension of your bed. Plus, as they get older, you have a toddler bed for them.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
Eli Poist
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a mini co-sleeper that I do not use attached to the bed but keep it near the bed similar to a bassinet. We intended to use if attached but a C-section kept me from being able to sleep on either side and roll over until Wylie was 2 months old. At that point he was in bed with me until late night when I could transfer him to cosleeper. He now nurses to sleep in a rocker before going into the co-sleeper and when he does awaken at night there is a mobile to amuse him. He's also faces GERD issues and we tried an incline in the co-sleeper ended up throwing it away as it was useless in keeping him in one position or at a decent incline for sleep etc.
The co-sleeper is a less expensive option than the amby.
Eli Poist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
bizymamaof2
Registered Users
seller

I agree to get a bigger bed and forget both Amby & the co-sleeper. Just my having used both.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #15
ChelleRie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by janendragon View Post
i would just get a cheap crib and take the side off it, then attach it to the side of your bed. The co-sleepers have a lip and so you have to lift and drop them back down again. A crib you can set at the same height as your mattress and it becomes a total extension of your bed. Plus, as they get older, you have a toddler bed for them.
That is what we did with our 4 year old ds, even when we switched bed types/sizes the crib was very easy to adjust to get a good "side-car" fit!
Of course he is now in his own bed in his own room which means I get to sleep in a Thomas the train bed with him most nights...