Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Interest/suggestions for allergy shirts (ADDED PHOTOS), timeout mats,& apron/smoc

cute!

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
Maddy's Moms
Registered Users
seller

Re: Interest/suggestions for allergy shirts (ADDED PHOTOS), timeout mats,& apron/smoc

Cute drawings! Any ideas for a severe egg allergy? I might be interested in one for my dd
Maddy's Moms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #13
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to whip something together later today.

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
Jules4boys
Registered Users

My Mood:

People with shellfish or shrimp allergies can't eat fried food (French fries) if the restaurant fries shrimp- so how about soothing like: "The shelliest thing happens is I eat shrimp" or "I'm not being shelfish, I just can't...(have it/ or eat here)
Jules4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
crisco13
Registered Users

I like the idea of the time out mat. I would make it round so that there aren't edges for a kid to fiddle with while sitting there. Maybe embroider a message such as "I need a Break" that way it can also be used to help kids learn to take a minute to go cool off when upset or overexcited?

Love the allergy shirt idea. I have friends whose kids have severe allergies and this would be awesome for them. I agree that you should probably make them available at least up to size 8, for chunkier kids, or older kids who aren't great about letting people know about their allergy.
crisco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

THANKS Crisco!
I've gotten a little overwhelmed with some customs lately so I've had to put these new ideas on hold for a little while... but I'll keep you all posted when I have a chance to get back to them!

Heidi

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
BusyLizzy
Registered Users

My Mood:

These shirts sound like a great idea! My 24 month old has an allergy to red food dye (ketchup, tomato sauce, Goldfish, Cheezits) so I would probably just go with the more general one. No one understands why I won't let my poor child have ketchup or goldfish, so these shirts would be helpful if people actually read them.
BusyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Great ideas.

One bit of 2 cents ... on the time out mat, I would NOT write "time out" on it. Needing a time out is a normal part of life, and taking a time out does not have to be a negative punishing thing. It can be part of teaching a kid to self-regulate.

So I would make it have something fun to look at, something positive, without contrasting colors (these are stimulating, not calming). Calming monochromatic colors, maybe with a hidden pictures aspect to it. Something that invites the kiddo to gaze at it. Some varying textures might be nice too.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #19
valeriem
Registered Users
seller
seller

Reminds me of when I was travelling abroad as a teen. One of the people I was with had an little card that had a picture of a pig with a line through it and he would hold it up and ask in whatever language if there was pork in it. Funny but effective.
valeriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest_one
Here are my drawings for three embroidered allergy shirts so far. What do you think? What other common allergies should I design for besides nuts and dairy? What about a bee allergy... not food but might be good for playdates or picnics?

and
This is a great idea. What about something princess-y? Both my girls have long lists of allergies and social events are so stressful!
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote