Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
NorwexMa's Avatar
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SD
Posts: 833
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Thanks for the pix ladies! I love to see others houses! Soon I hope to post pix of mine once I get the last touches done. We remodeled our kitchen/dining room and living room this summer. I may not be a minimalist in the true sense either, but HATE clutter and overdeco.
Lol, looking at these reminded me of DH relatives that are the complete opposite! They have a beautiful house, deco'd wonderfully, but man, o man. I told hubby last time we left, that if there were no such things as expiration dates, we could survive a 2 month long SD blizzard, and never have to leave the house! Food, supplements, beauty products, you name it, they have one (or two or three) of everything. 2 fridges, 2 deep freezes, all full. wonderful storage- all full! for 4 people and a new infant! I actually cleaned up some (upstairs) toys when I was there before DS started playing - I think he was overwhelmed at all the toys and totes of toys!
My kids have toys, but I also know that they love to play with kitchen utinsels, and cardboard boxes :-)

Advertisement

__________________
Leah, PT WOHM to DD (5yr) DS (3 yr) and DD Married to a farming addicted DH.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #22
2queens&1princenmyhouse's Avatar
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 4,560
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa View Post
Thanks for the pix ladies! I love to see others houses! Soon I hope to post pix of mine once I get the last touches done. We remodeled our kitchen/dining room and living room this summer. I may not be a minimalist in the true sense either, but HATE clutter and overdeco.
Lol, looking at these reminded me of DH relatives that are the complete opposite! They have a beautiful house, deco'd wonderfully, but man, o man. I told hubby last time we left, that if there were no such things as expiration dates, we could survive a 2 month long SD blizzard, and never have to leave the house! Food, supplements, beauty products, you name it, they have one (or two or three) of everything. 2 fridges, 2 deep freezes, all full. wonderful storage- all full! for 4 people and a new infant! I actually cleaned up some (upstairs) toys when I was there before DS started playing - I think he was overwhelmed at all the toys and totes of toys!
My kids have toys, but I also know that they love to play with kitchen utinsels, and cardboard boxes :-)
DS's favorite toys are the silicone baster and lint brush!
__________________
Kristin, wife to Dan (16 years) , mom to Abby (14)
Emma (12) and Owen (7)
I cd my daycare kids! That's why I still hang out here!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #23
Punkin's Avatar
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,566
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Okay heres my living rooms and kitchen...ill do bedrooms later
















Our pantry/ homeschool supply cupboard ...we only have a two bedroom home with our 4 kids...the kitchen table is really the center of our home. We do all our schooling there too, so it needs to be easy to clear off and rearrange to suit our needs with our supplies in easy reach...

__________________
Mama to 4 at home +1 Dancing with Jesus: DD10, DD7, DS6, DS 3
My trade thread!
Bless your family with Usborne Books!!
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #24
Punkin's Avatar
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,566
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Heres the living room....







There ya go! We live in a two bedroom 1 bath house that is just over 925 sq feet. Its really important to me to have less so we can live more! Its an ongoing process though...i am 9 weeks post partum recovering from a c section, and its amazing what buikt up in that time...especially now with change of seasons. I wont dare take apic of my laundry area at the moment! But right now i'm decluttering the bedrooms and toys and clothes and reorganizing some of te storage solutions...so ill take pics of that soon as i fi ish. Wow doing this is really great motivation for me
__________________
Mama to 4 at home +1 Dancing with Jesus: DD10, DD7, DS6, DS 3
My trade thread!
Bless your family with Usborne Books!!
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Punkin you suck!
IS YOUR HOME EVER MESSY?
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #26
Punkin's Avatar
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,566
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
Punkin you suck!
IS YOUR HOME EVER MESSY?
Lol... I have four kids under 6....what do you think? However, thats why im a minimalist! The less stuff i have the less opportu ity the kids have to throw it everywhere...and the less i have to clean.

Seriously though...im getting back on track after my c section with the clothes and toys, thats why bedroom pictires arent till next week...if it makes you feel better, i will post a pic of Mt. Laundry!
__________________
Mama to 4 at home +1 Dancing with Jesus: DD10, DD7, DS6, DS 3
My trade thread!
Bless your family with Usborne Books!!
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #27
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin

Lol... I have four kids under 6....what do you think? However, thats why im a minimalist! The less stuff i have the less opportu ity the kids have to throw it everywhere...and the less i have to clean.

Seriously though...im getting back on track after my c section with the clothes and toys, thats why bedroom pictires arent till next week...if it makes you feel better, i will post a pic of Mt. Laundry!
I've actually wanted to do an "amnesty" thread, where we post pics of our home, right then no cleaning!

No no, youve got enough. I had a section w my last one, and gah! I felt like a cd player, ya know the ones in cars? Just a hole! He's almost ten months and the dang scar still hurts from time to time.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #28
Punkin's Avatar
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,566
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
I've actually wanted to do an "amnesty" thread, where we post pics of our home, right then no cleaning!

No no, youve got enough. I had a section w my last one, and gah! I felt like a cd player, ya know the ones in cars? Just a hole! He's almost ten months and the dang scar still hurts from time to time.
I like the amnesty idea! Keep it in mind...u should spring it on. Us when we least expect it!! I wonder how many of us will actually do it!!
__________________
Mama to 4 at home +1 Dancing with Jesus: DD10, DD7, DS6, DS 3
My trade thread!
Bless your family with Usborne Books!!

Last edited by Punkin; 09-09-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
I'm gonna do it when mines clean.

I'm going to be "minimizing" my time on here nxt wk if you don't see me, or wanna amnesty the board go for it!!

We are doing three day potty training
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #30
pgkcb13's Avatar
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wa. State
Posts: 3,872
My Mood:
Re: pictures of minimalists homes

punkin, your house is amazing. I feel calmer just looking at it. Then I look away from my computer... ugh.

When did you have your section? Please tell me it was months ago because I'm trying to figure out how to get things back in order 7 weeks pp from a vbac, if your l/o is like 4 weeks I'm gonna hate you, lol.
__________________
~Kory~
Wife to my best friend; Mama to Beetle 3/12/09, Tiny 7/22/11, and Nugget 4/5/13
CDing, BWing, BFing, ERFing, Non-Vaxing, Co-Sleeping, Crunchy, Thrifty, SAHM!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.