Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: anyone else going to do natures sunshine 5w - or primrose oil?

ddc from sept...

i wanted to do that or dr. christopher's birth prep, but we didn't have the money at the time and by the time i would have gotten it, it would have been several weeks into it and maybe not worth the money for me....

i did ask my midwife and she suggested taking caulophyllum thalictroides 30 once at 37 weeks and every day starting at 38 weeks (which is today for me)--no mint allowed during taking it (this includes toothpaste) i am also drinking rrlt...i think these are meant to be more for uterine toning and reducing labor pain/times, but i would be thrilled if it did cause labor to start sooner....

as for the EPO, i also asked about this, but she said that they had done some research on it and did not recommend taking it, and besides it was for cervical dilation, which i already had and didn't need... (i'm 2-3 last she checked)....

Mandy--Serving Jesus, Wife , Mama to Sophia 8/28/10, Sarah 10/7/11, expecting a new little one in february...

Last edited by mandymatus; 09-09-2011 at 06:52 AM.
mandymatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: anyone else going to do natures sunshine 5w - or primrose oil?

I have 5 kiddos and have used 5W type herbal prep for all of them along with EPO except for the first (which was 8 days overdue when we forced him out with pit) I learned the hard way, and never took that risk again. I never went overdue again and had healthy deliveries. Even one of the posterior ones only took 5 hrs from start to end. As a doula I always encourage moms to talk to their midwife and go from there Mary.....
lovehopepeace is offline   Reply With Quote