Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #31
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: a non-traditonal family here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
So if Poy-V, is three people with one hinge....

What is it called if there are four people....

Say you have Melissa, Michelle, Jarred and Patrick.

Let's say:
Melissa and Jarred are a couple.
Michelle and Patrick are a couple.
Melissa and Patrick are also a couple.

So you had four people, but within that four there are three relationships.
KWIM?

God bless!
complicated! HAHA..

Advertisement

DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #32
holl_ie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat
I have to admit while in a traditional relationship, I am really glad to see there is non-traditional families like these on this board. Sometimes people on here seem so white bread and sometimes so far right, it seems very "Stepford Wife" here sometimes. I am used to many different family types from my different friends and other areas of my life, it is nice to see it here to. I hate to admit it, but it makes it feel less "stuffy" here reading about your families

Glad you guys finally have a place of your own While I feel very non-traditional, my marriage is probably the most "traditional" thing about me
Yes,I feel the same way.Glad you feel comfortable to be yourself here OP!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
holl_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #33
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
complicated! HAHA..

I just didn't know that there were different terms for different poly-type relationships. You're funny.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post

I just didn't know that there were different terms for different poly-type relationships. You're funny.

God bless!
Poly relationships can look like v's, w's, y's, z's...and probably some uninvinted letters lol I did a little googling the other day just out of curriosity
Old 10-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #35
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not all that non-traditional, I'm basically the norm....single mom

But, I get along well with my ex and his new wife. There are no romantic feelings whatsoever towards my ex (or his wife) but today got me thinking about how much easier things are with 3 parents. Every morning I take my boys to my ex's house and either him or his new wife take the boys to school (instead of daycare taking them). Then after school I pick them up. If its an evening they would be with their dad then I also pick up my ex's son with the new wife and I watch all 3 boys at their place (I live 15min outside of town). Again, the boys are able to avoid daycare. Between the 3 of us we have cut our daycare costs down drastically and are able to get our kids to all kinds of functions without too much chaos. There is also an out-vote option which is nice when it is me and new-wife siding against my ex Staff at the waterpark thought my ex's new wife and me were a couple because we went together so often (and my oldest calls us both mom). All 6 of us go out to eat so who knows what the pizza hut owner thinks of us since again we are both moms in the situation. While I wish I was still married (most days) I am also grateful for God bringing the new wife into my life. With my youngest's autism related issues she has become a strong ally that I'm grateful for. Anyhow, the practicality of a poly relationship to raise kids is fabulous! I'm just too much a control freak to be in any sort of serious romantic relationship.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #36
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kinda funny story from today. My ex and new wife have an alarm on their house. Its primarily to alert them if my autistic son is trying to get out. They have never had it set when I bring the boys home, until today. We set the alarm off, I can't get ahold of anyone in time to learn the code (realized later I should have guessed it). So a cop has to come check us out. He asks if I have a key and I show it to him and he checks the lock so he's happy. He asks my name and relation for the report. When I explain who I am then he decides he had better call the owner and check a littler further, lol. An ex-wife babysitting at her ex-husband's house with his son is apparently unusual :P
Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #37
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

suzi! LOL that is hilarious! I do think you got a good relationship going there with your ex. and his new wife. sometimes that is all you need. be friends with the ex, and the wife and everyone getting along nicely! it's.. almost like a sister wife but not quite.

Anna!

We explain the complicated relationships with jujubes. haha.. different colors for different people and showing people like that makes so much more sense then trying to type it all out.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #38
blathnat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
complicated! HAHA..
LOL... indeed.

Just getting back to this post... glad to see all the support.

I'm in a 4 person relationship and we call ourselves a quad. There are so many ways to be polyamorous... and so many variations.

For me, I'm bisexual and so is my wife. We met in college and have been together since. After we had been together for about five years we discussed the possibility of adding in additional romantic relationships and it went from there. My life isn't what I imagined it would be when I was 19, but it is wonderful and I love it.

As far as who is with who- we all consider each other partners but there are varying levels of intimacy in the different couplings.
blathnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #39
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much for introducing yourself. I didn't know about this type of relationship. I know, i'm naive! I had a hard enough time trying to please one person though. Aparrently, i wasn't very good at it. I'm in awe!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #40
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no!

thank you to everyone for being so crazy supportive and asking questions and being awesome. i love being around diaper swappers and it's so nice to not have to "hide" in sensitive subjects anymore.

so thank you Diaperswappers! Fellow mama's! and everyone for being so accepting. it makes me feel the love around here even more!