Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Willum'smom
Registered Users
seller

Fear of OS diapers being outgrown...

I was wondering if anyone had a LO grow entirely out of OS diapers before PL. My DS is 6 months old and is aparently a bohemouth. He is normally in the 50-60% for weight, but in the 80-90% for height. He is in 9-12 month size right now and he's wearing 12 month stuff too. He is on the highest rise setting on most of his diapers (BG, BGE, RaR) I am not so worried about the waist setting, he has plenty of room to grow there, but the rise is what has me worried. My hubby will PITCH A FIT if I tell him we have to buy a new stash because his son doesn't fit in the one size diapers any more. "I thought one size, meant one size...bla bla bla" as you can see by my siggy, the husband is not a fan of the dipes.

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fear of OS diapers being outgrown...

I'm not familiar with the brands you listed, but I've used Charlie Bananas, FBOS and RaR. My DS1 was built like yours (20 pounds at 5 months and in 12m clothes) and there is no way on God's green earth he'd have fit into any of those until he potty trained just before his 4th birthday. Waist wise he would have been ok, it's the rise that's the issue.

That said, not all kids grow at the same rate, so I would not assume that he will outgrow them. Wait and see.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
meghan.
Registered Users

My Mood:
My daughter has always been over the 90th percentile for height and weight and she is just now outgrowing her bumGenius one size diapers (38lbs 41" so out of the limits I believe). Her Fuzzibunz in size large still fit her, but Rumparooz don't. She will be three years old on November 29th.

She was always a big baby, and I was never once worried she would outgrow her diapers, ad obviously never did until now. But considering she is past the weight recommendation for them, I'd say we did pretty good.
The biggest complaint about Rumparooz is that the rise is too short, but I've never had a problem with them and on my taller than average daughter, they fit us until the specified weight limit no problem.

Babies body's grow really weird. He'll lose weight the more active he gets and you'll find that his diapers start fitting differently.

Try not to worry I've never read about a child outgrowing their one size diaper before age two, I highly doubt you'll be the first

You should take all the money you've saves your family from using cloth and put it in savings in case your son potty trains late. That's ridiculous that your husband would freak out like that. I'm really sorry

Take care!
meghan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
SarahR.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started cding dd at 11 months old. I started het on the second rise setting. She is now almost 22 months old and still on the same diaper rise and waist setting. Babies growth rate tends to slow down. I wouldn't worry yet. And what ever he does out grow just sell to and buy new diapers.

I blame all typos on my iPhone.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both of my boys were 90th/95th percentile for weight and height--DS2 was actually about half an inch off the charts for height up until he turned one. DS2 is 15 months now and can still wear BG 3.0s, but they're snug. I've never tried BGE, but I have a friend with an even larger kid who wore them. Kawaiis actually run bigger and they fit my DS1 until he was potty trained--plus they're super cheap.

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 3 going on 4 happy, healthy little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS outgrew th OS @ 22 months (he was wearing 3T clothing at the time). He PLed 4 months later.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd1 was off the charts for height & weight .... but it was the waist that she outgrew first, not the rise.

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
gruverschick
Registered Users

My kids both were on the highest rise setting on BGs for a really long time. My daughter is tiny but tall and she had no trouble wearin BGs until she potty trained at about 29 months. My son is 19 months and has been on the highest rise for at least 9 months. Right now he is about 29 pounds. I really think he will not outgrow them before potty training.
gruverschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your DS is only 6 months old so his body will change a lot between now and PLing. He will probably be fine in them. Once he starts walking, running, being a toddler etc. he will slim down and they will fit differently. My DS was on the highest rise at a year but he then stayed there for another year and a half until he PLed. He could still get in one at 4 for night accidents.

The RaR are pretty bad for this (one reason I dislike them especially for the cost) and they will likely not last you because of the rise. However the BG totally should and the BGE maybe. If it were me I would sell the RaR now and stock up on more BG 4.0.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
syntaxerror
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea...how would your husband feel about you trading your OS for bigger sizes, though? That way it wouldn't cost any (or many) more dollars...you could try "OS fits most kids all the way through but since you fathered such a tall, healthy baby..."
syntaxerror is offline   Reply With Quote