Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #21
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fear of OS diapers being outgrown...

My son has ALWAYS been in the 90th percentile in both height AND weight. When he was younger, I always had a problem with him outgrowing the dipe's rise long before the waist.... I'd upsize then get leg leaks. This was back when we used sized bgs. Now, we use OS pockets (wahmies) and ds hasn't outgrown the rise yet. He's almost 9 months old, 26lbs and 30ins. I was worried he'd outgrow the rise but he's trimming up a little since he's getting more active and still has plenty of room to grow. I have found that having front waist elastic has made the biggest difference for us.

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #22
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

I was also going to suggest some Kawaiis--I just saw one for the first time last week and they would definitely last you long enough. Plus they are cheap!
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #23
oriskanystorey
Registered Users
seller

DD was 95th percentile and outgrew her BG oS before PL. DD is 19 mos 33# and outgrowing his OS (we bought new larges).
oriskanystorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #24
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmmm you should be ok with the bg especially if they are 4.0 but my son out grew the rise of both RaR and bge at around 16 months. The RaR before that even. I might sell off some of them and buy more 4.0 or knickernappi os have a super high rise as well.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #25
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We tried FBOS and they are NOT one size. We outgrew them super fast!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #26
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My sons have ended up on the highest rise setting on our OS diapers pretty quickly (BG and Tiny Tush). My 7 month old was wearing a Flip cover without the snaps done at least two months ago (~5 months old). I remember buying FB mediums for ds1 when he was around 3 months old (my entire stash wasn't OS). But that isn't really due to length but rather chubby-wubby thighs which later thin down and allow for longer wear of OS than I suspected. DS1 pled relatively early by today's standards: 2 yrs 8 months or so. Before that the OS's were getting to be a tight fit on him but we squeezed by.

My hubby also isn't a big fan of CDs. In fact, just yesterday he was telling me that once we get a financial matter in our lives settled that I can buy sposies if I want. His reasoning is that it would be so much easier than washing the CDs.
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #27
sondramama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

my son is 90% in height. He is 10 months old wearing 18 month clothes but still fits in the smallest rise setting in the diapers you mentioned. =] i guess they all fit into diapers differently =]
Mama <3 to Chayden {8.23.06} & Amarie {10.02.06} & Colton {10.22.10}. Baby#4 due 7.7.14 <3 Wife&BestFriend to Nik {09.22.12}.
Etsy . FaceBook .
sondramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #28
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once he starts walking he will thin out. How about potty train earlier Mine were all pt by 22 months.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #29
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housefullofgirls View Post
Once he starts walking he will thin out. How about potty train earlier Mine were all pt by 22 months.
Ditto on the thinning out. As far as pt'ing earlier, you've got a house full of girls it does make a difference. DS was not even interested in pt'ing before 3. I could get him to sit on the potty for a minute, maybe, but that was it.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had concerns on and off about my diapers fitting all teh way thorugh but every time I got stressed about it, my son changed shape and we've managed to keep all but his BGE's fitting up until this point at 35 inches, 31 lbs and 27 months.
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote