Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #31
TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess
Registered Users
seller

YES! my DD outgrew her BG 4.0's at 6.5 months old. Her thighs were too big. Then she outgrew the thighs on FB Large at 11 months old. We currently use Loveybums fleece covers XL and Large GMD prefolds. She will be 1 on Friday.

She's always been 95-98% for both weight and height. She's between 28-29lbs now.

My solution to spending more $: we sold first then used the PP to buy the next stash. I've not used one cent past my original out of pocket to buy her diapers. Good luck!

ETA: my ODS didn't slim until he was almost 5.5years old and YDS hasn't started yet. He's 4.5yrs. MOST kids do but not all that's why OS dipes fit "most" kids 8-35lbs.

Advertisement

Last edited by TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess; 09-12-2011 at 12:53 PM.
TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #32
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fear of OS diapers being outgrown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
My son has ALWAYS been in the 90th percentile in both height AND weight. When he was younger, I always had a problem with him outgrowing the dipe's rise long before the waist.... I'd upsize then get leg leaks. This was back when we used sized bgs. Now, we use OS pockets (wahmies) and ds hasn't outgrown the rise yet. He's almost 9 months old, 26lbs and 30ins. I was worried he'd outgrow the rise but he's trimming up a little since he's getting more active and still has plenty of room to grow. I have found that having front waist elastic has made the biggest difference for us.
UPDATE: Took ds to his 9m well baby appt today and he's 26lbs 2oz and 31in! Wears 24m-2T and is currently in the 97th percentile for both height AND weight. We're still exclusively using our OS Wahmies pockets bc they are soooo adjustable!
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #33
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fear of OS diapers being outgrown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBoysAndAWeePrincess View Post
YES! my DD outgrew her BG 4.0's at 6.5 months old. Her thighs were too big. Then she outgrew the thighs on FB Large at 11 months old. We currently use Loveybums fleece covers XL and Large GMD prefolds. She will be 1 on Friday.

She's always been 95-98% for both weight and height. She's between 28-29lbs now.

My solution to spending more $: we sold first then used the PP to buy the next stash. I've not used one cent past my original out of pocket to buy her diapers. Good luck!

ETA: my ODS didn't slim until he was almost 5.5years old and YDS hasn't started yet. He's 4.5yrs. MOST kids do but not all that's why OS dipes fit "most" kids 8-35lbs.
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote