Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Morning Sickness?

Ok, with my oldest I was SICK ALL DAY LONG. In the car, when I would smell ANYTHING, when I would eat... just all the time. With my second, it was only when I brushed my teeth. With my third, it was only in the fist couple weeks. Now, with my fourth, it is when I am hungry. Once I eat, I am fine. Anyone else have this issue? I can eat ALL day, and am about 7ish weeks (unfortunately, dr won't see me till the 26th). This is different to me! How are you all feeling, and how many weeks are you (about)?

Advertisement

ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Morning Sickness?

I was that way with my son. I always carried almonds around with me to eat if I got queasy because they were so easy to munch and carry around. This time, it's a bit of a combo with the hunger morning sickness not being too strong, but the other side of it (as in just feeling sick) slightly more strong.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
lilbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller

I feel a lot worse this time around. I haven't actually gotten sick. Just all day nausea, I feel sick if I don't eat every 2-3 hours, feel sick if I eat too much. I think the fact that I was working last time has a lot to do with it too, I didn't have the option to be sick!! Now I just veg around the house whining about how crappy I feel!
lilbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I am nauseous like all the time. I have yet to get sick (yesterday's sinus cold related puke fest not withstanding), but it's been touch and go. Sometimes there's a cause. Sometimes there isn't. Sometimes eating relieves it, and sometimes it makes it worse. I can't win.

With DD I had some mild nausea, and some definite food aversions, but nothing like this.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had really really really bad morning sickness in the beginning (way worse than with my first two pregnancies) and after laying on the couch feeling like I was going to vomit all the time every hour of the day for a couple of weeks I started researching and consulting midwives and now I feel MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

The main thing I did was get more sleep, change what and how much I eat, and started taking a B complex vitamin.

I did the legume thing I had read about. http://www.karenhurd.com/concern_morning_sickness.html

Which worked but I was still feeling sick in between the beans and having to eat a lot of beans all the time. So I started eating mostly only low fat things. I realized anything high fat really triggered my nausea.

I was trying to eat protein but I was eating cheese, and peanut butter. WAY high fat. I stopped eating high fat foods for protein.

Also I got the stomach flu and realized I actually feel better when I don't have a lot of food in my stomach. I discovered that I can live on honey banana whole wheat toast. I discovered bananas are really soothing to my stomach, and I started chewing candied ginger.

Oh and I got some sea bands. ALL these things have made it where I can have a mostly nausea free day. I get waves of it here and there but its not debilitating and I can cook dinner for my family again. I discovered black bean burgers for lunch and lentil soup for dinner and that seems to be enough legumes for me now.

Right before bed I eat most of a protein bar (Luna Lemon Zest) and when I wake up I eat the rest.

I am 9 weeks. I hope some of those ideas help. I know everyone is different.

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 09-13-2011 at 12:45 PM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, I will def try the B complex.. wish I could get more sleep... something I will really TRY to do! I forgot about the seabands... I heard about those after I had my last kid, now I can try them!!! Hope you all start feeling better quick! Not TOO much longer until we hit the second trimester! I am an optimist, can you tell?!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just told my friend that I wasn't this sick except with my first. I think it's another boy, I swear!! With DD I don't remember feeling so bad but I was working so I didn't have a choice. Plus, I didn't have a 14 month old!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashayla&acensmom View Post
Thanks, I will def try the B complex.. wish I could get more sleep... something I will really TRY to do! I forgot about the seabands... I heard about those after I had my last kid, now I can try them!!! Hope you all start feeling better quick! Not TOO much longer until we hit the second trimester! I am an optimist, can you tell?!
The B-complex has worked very well for my m/s too! When I take it, I am actually energetic and have little, if any, m/s. The only thing I don't like is that it often keeps me awake at night. It was worse when I first started taking it, but even now, it's just hard fall asleep. DS rarely makes it to 6am, so I don't have the luxury of making up for late nights. Oddly enough, I don't really feel sleep deprived most days, even when I only get 4-5 hours of good sleep - still probably not too healthy at this stage in the game... I'm working on finding a new combination of B vitamins with hopes of finding a better balance. Today I just tried 50mg of B6 - it was ok, but I had several episodes where I felt pretty yucky.

I'm with you on the 2nd trimester! I am counting the weeks!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just remembered this morning, with DS2 I ended up having to get an IV. I probably should have with DS1. Maybe this time isn't that bad because I can actually keep stuff down/want to eat and drink. I thought I was feeling better yesterday because at the store I was actually craving things. I bought orange juice, pomagranate juice, ingredients to make rice crispie treats and chocolate chip cookies. Great combination right! And, I just polished off a tuna fish sandwhich and some chips that I had made DH for lunch, hahahaha it's only 9:25am.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hunger sickness has subsided a little this week... strange. I can't wait until the 26th when I see the DR for the first time! I can find out how far along I really am, and hopefully see this little one for the first time! Can't wait!!