Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
QueenBee2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Washing Cloth Diapers

Hi, I use Tiny Bubbles by Grovia and have had great results. Very minimal staining and your right the sun does get out stains. I have never heard of striping before so thank you for the info and will try to remember it if I do run into a problem.

Advertisement

QueenBee2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
Hope4673
Registered Users

Hi Krysten!

Sorry for the delay in responding - I'm just learning diaperswappers.

I'm using KaWaii diapers. Do you know them?

I'm stripping just a few diapers. I think I have 2 that have no absorbancy! I changed her and then she was WET right away. Her clothes were all wet and that hasn't happened in a long time.

I soaked them in the kitchen sink last night in HOT water and some dawn soap and then I scrubbed at them a bit. Then I ran them in the washer 4 times - hot rinses with no soap and then hung them to dry in the house. Now I'm thinking its time to put them back into circulation but I am, of course, nervous. HAHA! Only one way to learn, right? I guess in my case two ways... just go for it and ask as many questions as people will answer!

Hope
Hope4673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4673 View Post
Hi Krysten!

Sorry for the delay in responding - I'm just learning diaperswappers.

I'm using KaWaii diapers. Do you know them?
We haven't tried them, but I have heard good things about them! THey are microfiber, right? MF is particularly good at holding on to stink and buildup, but they are SUPER convenient!

Quote:
I'm stripping just a few diapers. I think I have 2 that have no absorbancy! I changed her and then she was WET right away. Her clothes were all wet and that hasn't happened in a long time.
That does sound like they are repelling. In other words, they probably got some stuff on them that coated the diaper or insert. When you take them off, are they wet all the way through, or just in certain places - like the sides?

Quote:
I soaked them in the kitchen sink last night in HOT water and some dawn soap and then I scrubbed at them a bit. Then I ran them in the washer 4 times - hot rinses with no soap and then hung them to dry in the house. Now I'm thinking its time to put them back into circulation but I am, of course, nervous. HAHA! Only one way to learn, right? I guess in my case two ways... just go for it and ask as many questions as people will answer!
Hope
What kind of products are you using with your diapers? Repelling often happens when non-CD friendly products get onto your dipes. Do you use rash cream of any kind? Has anyone else been diapering your LO, and maybe could have gotten something on them? Anyone else tried to wash them? Do they stink when she peepees, or even when they come out of the washer?
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
Hope4673
Registered Users

Hi!

I need to learn how to section the email in my reply like you did!

For the two diapers, when she wore them last and they soaked through immediately I don't know if I noticed if the inside was totally wet! DARN! I would think just the side b/c she was wet SO fast that I don't imagine there was time for her diaper to wet all over. I'll be sure to look if I didn't fix the problem!!

I've used one diaper cream I shouldn't have but the diapers I thought would be killed from it actually absorb! I used Butt Paste with a liner. Now, I have a whole system... if she has a BAD rash and we use butt paste, we switch to disposable diapers. Otherwise we use Method cream. And I always use a liner.

Day care diapers Sari but they are really good about following my directions b/c I'm always talking about how the diapers can be ruined and what a headache for me to wash and wash and wash. I really love them there so I believe they're using only what I give them.

Here's a new question... the diapers I stripped with a little bit of dawn and then ran in 5 or 6 rinses in the washer... are they considered clean or should I wash them regularly before I put them on my daughter???

THANK YOU for talking!!!!
Hope
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #15
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hi!

I need to learn how to section the email in my reply like you did!
It is a little complicated, but I think it makes it easier to read when responding to multiple thoughts!

Quote:
For the two diapers, when she wore them last and they soaked through immediately I don't know if I noticed if the inside was totally wet! DARN! I would think just the side b/c she was wet SO fast that I don't imagine there was time for her diaper to wet all over. I'll be sure to look if I didn't fix the problem!!
Hmmm...so there are only two problem diapers, huh? The plot thickens! Yup, just make a mental note to check next time you take it off of her. Since there are only two (did I miss that part before?) - do those two diapers have anything in common besides the brand? Both poopied in a lot lately? Same color? Both previously used? Favorites for Daddy to use?

Quote:
I've used one diaper cream I shouldn't have but the diapers I thought would be killed from it actually absorb! I used Butt Paste with a liner. Now, I have a whole system... if she has a BAD rash and we use butt paste, we switch to disposable diapers. Otherwise we use Method cream. And I always use a liner.
It really shouldn't destroy them with one use, unless you use a TON. Better to stay away from those kind, regardless. I haven't used Method - does it have zinc oxide or petroleum in it?

Quote:
Day care diapers Sari but they are really good about following my directions b/c I'm always talking about how the diapers can be ruined and what a headache for me to wash and wash and wash. I really love them there so I believe they're using only what I give them.
It's always nice to find CD supporters!

Quote:
Here's a new question... the diapers I stripped with a little bit of dawn and then ran in 5 or 6 rinses in the washer... are they considered clean or should I wash them regularly before I put them on my daughter???
THANK YOU for talking!!!!
Hope
You're welcome! And, as long as the water is running clear and your diapers smell clean, go ahead and try them out. I would line dry them, or "sun" them, rather than putting them in the dryer this time, though. Good luck, mama!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
Hope4673
Registered Users

Hi!

Yup, only 2 that she soaked through. Interestingly enough, they are the same color! I have 5 lime green ones and 2 of them soaked. I happened to wash 3 green ones at the same time so now I don't know which 2 have the absorbancy issue. So, I'm pretending they all do. HAHA!

The Method has always been ok for the diapers. When I started using CD I used a diaper service. She gave me a list of 5 kinds of cream I can use. Method was one of them. Then when I used the Butt Paste I actually called her to double check that if I use a liner, all diaper creams are ok (which is what she had told me). She gave me the thumbs up and I stained probably 20 diapers! What a headache!

I'm happy to say that my diapers don't smell! (yet!) So I'll go ahead and use the diapers and will cross my fingers. I'll keep you posted!

Another question if I may... what is FSOT?

Hope
Old 09-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Another question if I may... what is FSOT?
FSOT is "for sale or trade"!
Foolalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolalex View Post
FSOT is "for sale or trade"!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
Hope4673
Registered Users

Thanks!!!

And I think my 2 diapers are still not absorbing. SIGH! I guess I'll start over. They have been used so now I'm going to clean them and then start rinsing again or stripping or something.

Hope
Old 09-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #20
ummyusuf5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've read that baking soda works!
ummyusuf5 is offline   Reply With Quote