Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Grovia Stay dry soakers?

was going to ask for reviews, but realized these arent available yet!

did anyone happen to test these??

Advertisement

Last edited by faiths13; 09-12-2011 at 07:14 PM.
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I just use regular grovias. We switched to cloth cause DD2 had to have sensitive diapers, and at.35 a diaper it was crazy. She doesn't seem to mind they're not stay dry, and no rash issues for us...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
weldababy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia Stay dry soakers?

I haven't heard whether we can discuss them, but I assume since they are announced we can, so hear goes.

The testers were really soft, didn't stain and dried quickly. It really seemed to me that the testers were just made out of those blue MF shop rags with a stay dry top. But, we did use them mostly for nap time and were much more absorbant than the regular. Since they announced it though, I have used it 3 times as nightime and no leaks, wicking or anything! (Duh, I never thought before the announcement to even try nightime.) FYI - we currently use sposies at night because he soaks through the BG AIO stuffed with hemp and wool cover. Except now we get one night in there with the Grovia soaker.

I an defintely going to get more for nighttime when they are available. Hope this helps.
weldababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldababy View Post
I haven't heard whether we can discuss them, but I assume since they are announced we can, so hear goes.

The testers were really soft, didn't stain and dried quickly. It really seemed to me that the testers were just made out of those blue MF shop rags with a stay dry top. But, we did use them mostly for nap time and were much more absorbant than the regular. Since they announced it though, I have used it 3 times as nightime and no leaks, wicking or anything! (Duh, I never thought before the announcement to even try nightime.) FYI - we currently use sposies at night because he soaks through the BG AIO stuffed with hemp and wool cover. Except now we get one night in there with the Grovia soaker.

I an defintely going to get more for nighttime when they are available. Hope this helps.
thanks!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I saw on the GV site that its ok to discuss. The ones we tested are not the same (at least the one I had) as the ones being released. The one that I tested was MF and the new stay dry ones are a hemp cotton blend. The MF was super absorbent, but super bulky and its MF so, not my fav.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
weldababy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
The one that I tested was MF and the new stay dry ones are a hemp cotton blend. The MF was super absorbent, but super bulky and its MF so, not my fav.
So true. I guess I was hoping that hemp cotton would be a good alternative, but no guarantee.
weldababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

the testers were microfiber, they said on FB that 20% of testers were not happy with the MF, so they changed it to hemp/cotton due to customer demand... I'm not sure if they tested the hemp/cotton but they said it is 4 layers with a stay dry top. I don't think it will be a night-time insert, but they said it is more trim than the other soakers and that they will post absorbency comparisons soon... so I'm looking forward to those numbers! (yes, I'm a nerd )
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds interesting! would love to hear the absorbency comparisions! i love that stuff too!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so 80% of the testers LIKED the mf and they still changed it??? That doesn;t make much sense...I like mf. Its squishier, doesn't get flat and stiff...and I've never had stink issues in over 6 years of CDing with it (even with my FLer)
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #10
hanhtam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the only think I hate were part of the MF expose to baby skin.