Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help with Craigslist ad

**Updated ad in Post 5**

I'm a SAHM. I really want to watch one or two kids in my home. I've posted a few times on craigslist with no luck...not even one email asking for more info or my rates etc. What would you be looking for if you were searching for a daycare provider? I'm not registered but willing to go that route. Here is what I posted previously:

Hi,
I'm looking to watch one or two children in my home. This could be full time/after school/ part time or short term arrangement. I live within walking distance of Cypress Grove and Creek View Elem. I have three children ranging in age from 9 to 1 so our house is very kids friendly with lots of toys and things to do for all ages. Please contact me if you're looking for someone who will care for your children like you would.

I'm not looking to start a business I'd really like to just get 1 or 2 kids who are about the same age as my kids for playmates. I live within walking distance of two schools so I could also do before and after school care if need be.

Advertisement

Last edited by *KaiMom*; 09-13-2011 at 02:57 PM.
*KaiMom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Help with Craigslist ad

More details about how they are going to spend their day, how old your children are, who would be around them during the time they are there, how flexible your hours are, whether it would be a daily or weekly rate, if you are CPR certified, whether meals are provided or not.

Also, and this isn't to sound ugly, but I know several WOHM's IRL and being told that someone can take care of our children just like we would does *not* make us want to take our kids there. It just means in my head that we'll have to deal with someone who thinks they are as important as we are in our child's life; I've got enough people's input. I'd take that sentiment out and put something else that shows you'll care for the kids while they are with you.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlillie View Post
More details about how they are going to spend their day, how old your children are, who would be around them during the time they are there, how flexible your hours are, whether it would be a daily or weekly rate, if you are CPR certified, whether meals are provided or not.

Also, and this isn't to sound ugly, but I know several WOHM's IRL and being told that someone can take care of our children just like we would does *not* make us want to take our kids there. It just means in my head that we'll have to deal with someone who thinks they are as important as we are in our child's life; I've got enough people's input. I'd take that sentiment out and put something else that shows you'll care for the kids while they are with you.
Not taken ugly at all. I posted here wanting an honest opinion about my ad and what could be turning potential families away. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to rewrite and post again. I hope I can get some more feedback...if y'all would mind.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
morethancjsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe changing the wording from letter style to more "ad-ish"

Mother of 3 children willing to care for kids in my home full/part or flex time, before and after school care also avaliable ...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

$49 unlimited talk/text plus unlimited data!
morethancjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mother of three boys ages 9 (who is gone most of the day at school), 4.5 and 14 months willing to care for 1 or two kids in my home. This could be full time/after school/ part time or short term arrangement. I live within walking distance of Cypress Grove and Creek View Elem. Our house is very kid friendly with lots of toys and things to do for all ages. I currently do a morning preschool program with my children that we would love your child to join (if age appropriate). We also do puzzles, art, crafts, reading, music, dress-up, cooking etc. My hours are flexible during the week but I prefer to keep weekends for my family unless special circumstances arise. Please email with your need and we can discuss pay, meals and schedule.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Last edited by *KaiMom*; 09-14-2011 at 10:44 AM.
*KaiMom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethancjsmom View Post
Maybe changing the wording from letter style to more "ad-ish"

Mother of 3 children willing to care for kids in my home full/part or flex time, before and after school care also avaliable ...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thank you. Put some of those suggestions in new ad.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

That looks inviting to me. there is an extra n in kid. You can take the CPR class for free on AF bases, do the Marines offer that too? If so, I know that FTM's often like to see that part in there. I wish you lived closer.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlillie View Post
That looks inviting to me. there is an extra n in kid. You can take the CPR class for free on AF bases, do the Marines offer that too? If so, I know that FTM's often like to see that part in there. I wish you lived closer.
Fixed thanks. We don't live near a base right now (closest one is a couple of hours) but it is a college town, so I'm sure there is something.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

Do you have somewhere that you can post it besides craigs list? Honestly, I've followed up with a few craigs list ads while looking for childcare, and have not been impressed with the caliber of people, so I don't use it anymore.

When I look for childcare (more often than you'd think) I put an advertisement in a small, local newspaper. I also check care.com and another babysitter website whose name I can't think of right now. I sometimes check the bulletin board at our local grocery store and library.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindramay View Post
Do you have somewhere that you can post it besides craigs list? Honestly, I've followed up with a few craigs list ads while looking for childcare, and have not been impressed with the caliber of people, so I don't use it anymore.

When I look for childcare (more often than you'd think) I put an advertisement in a small, local newspaper. I also check care.com and another babysitter website whose name I can't think of right now. I sometimes check the bulletin board at our local grocery store and library.
I agree with you 100% about craigslist. The people on there are sometimes a pain to work with. I've looked into sittercity but the amount of info they need (with a picture) to post an ad is just too much; 500 word bio etc I do look on there for wanted ads but they are few and far between. A bulletin board is a great idea. I'll look around at my library and post office next time I am there.

I did get a reply back today with my new ad.