Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
poppan
Registered Users
seller

These are some things i look for... I would put what experience you have caring for 5 children at once. That was the first thought in my mind--she has 3 kids of her own and one is an infant/toddler, so my kids won't get much attention or even supervision.

I would detail what activities you would do. Library, park, you have a big backyard? Arts & crafts?

What food would they eat... Do you do organic food, healthy snacks?

Or, alternatively--if you are charging a lower rate (compared to professional daycare) I would go ahead and put your rate in the ad. If it's attractive enough that would motivate me to respond to you and find out the answers to whatever questions I have, instead of just passing your ad over completely.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you live in a college town, see if the college has a classified site of its own, or a place to list services or something. Faculty and students with kids always need childcare! Also a physical notice on the bulletin board at the library. And if you have a degree, make that "college educated mother of..." - academics are snobby that way and easily impressed.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help with Craigslist ad

pm me if you still need ideas! after 4 years of home daycare, I have advertising down!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

Add a picture of your play area Also, is there a local facebook parenting group you could try? I have had the most success with that! There are constantly people looking for and advertising daycare on our local group.
breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #15
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have used sittercity, and found it definately worth it. For $10 or so you can have a background check done and it is good for 1 year, I did not spend much time at all setting up my profile and I found many jobs on there. I have lots of friends who have used sittercity as well to find a babysitter and they all really like it.

*I do like the updated ad better Good luck!

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppan View Post
These are some things i look for... I would put what experience you have caring for 5 children at once. That was the first thought in my mind--she has 3 kids of her own and one is an infant/toddler, so my kids won't get much attention or even supervision.

I would detail what activities you would do. Library, park, you have a big backyard? Arts & crafts?

What food would they eat... Do you do organic food, healthy snacks?

Or, alternatively--if you are charging a lower rate (compared to professional daycare) I would go ahead and put your rate in the ad. If it's attractive enough that would motivate me to respond to you and find out the answers to whatever questions I have, instead of just passing your ad over completely.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am going to add these things to my ad. I need something extra to sort of seperate me from the rest of the babysitters out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
If you live in a college town, see if the college has a classified site of its own, or a place to list services or something. Faculty and students with kids always need childcare! Also a physical notice on the bulletin board at the library. And if you have a degree, make that "college educated mother of..." - academics are snobby that way and easily impressed.
Going to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
pm me if you still need ideas! after 4 years of home daycare, I have advertising down!
Thank you for the offer. I'm going to try a few new things and see how they go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breanne_roz View Post
Add a picture of your play area Also, is there a local facebook parenting group you could try? I have had the most success with that! There are constantly people looking for and advertising daycare on our local group.
I believe there are several but don't know if I can advertise. I'll look into it though, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Mommy View Post
I have used sittercity, and found it definately worth it. For $10 or so you can have a background check done and it is good for 1 year, I did not spend much time at all setting up my profile and I found many jobs on there. I have lots of friends who have used sittercity as well to find a babysitter and they all really like it.

*I do like the updated ad better Good luck!
I'm listed on there now. Thank you.

*UPDATE*
Ok, after several weeks I've only gotten a couple of replys to my ad on cl. One boy comes here and there and a little girl who comes 2 days a week for a couple of hours. I really need a few more part time kids. I did make a sittercity profile but nothing on that yet. It seems very saturated with babysitters from the college. I'm going to try some of your suggestions above and see how it goes.

Thank you again for all your help.

Last edited by *KaiMom*; 09-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.
*KaiMom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have received some great advise so far. Here is mine.

I would definalty make meals included and put that in your add. As a full time working mom I wouldn't take my kids somewhere where I had to also send meals/snack. Pictures of the play area. Put your rates in the ad. If rates were not posted I didn't usually bother responding. What your hours are?

I really wish you lived closer to me. We had a hard time finding someone that would work with DH and I's part time schedule