Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
susannah
Registered Users
seller

Re: **Updated** Diagnosing diaper rash

I have used ACV for a yeast infection for myself before. DON'T PUT IT DIRECTLY ON!!!! The trick is to put some in the bath water. It will be diluted enough to not sting, but will still be effective. In the past this has cleared up a yeast infection for me in one day. You can also use plain yogurt on the rash to cool it, but I have no idea how that would effect diapers. The probiotics in the yogurt will also help to clear up the rash.

Advertisement

susannah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey mama just for future reference, we have had really good luck with putting 4drops each of TTO and GSE in baby girl's wipes. she has been prone to yeast rashes lately since she is on antibiotics for ear infections at least once a month while we wait for her tubes to be put in. at every change I hold the wipe on her bottom and other diaper areas for a few sec while I play with her. to get rid of the rashes we did Lotrimin and sposies so not to reinfect her dipes. we never had problems with the cjs but if you do then I am almost positive her spritz does not have lanolin. oh and we use Tide here.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
soon2b3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we've used nystatin powder
Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:

They usually give a script for Nystain. I would not use Desitin, as that wont kill the yeast. You need to change your LO as soon as the pee or poo and keep them diaperless as much as possible. You can use Tea Tree Oil or Lavender EO and it will get rid of the rash. I just put the Lavender EO on undiluted. I've never use TTO though so I'm not sure if it needs to be diluted.

ETA: I've successfully treated DD's yeast and stayed in sposies. But I also bleach my dipes at every wash. You could mix some TTO and Lavender EO, and GSE in a bottle with some water and spritz it on her at every change also, just remember you only need a a couple drops on oil. It's very potent.

Last edited by Tina5834; 09-13-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
They usually give a script for Nystain. I would not use Desitin, as that wont kill the yeast. You need to change your LO as soon as the pee or poo and keep them diaperless as much as possible. You can use Tea Tree Oil or Lavender EO and it will get rid of the rash. I just put the Lavender EO on undiluted. I've never use TTO though so I'm not sure if it needs to be diluted.

ETA: I've successfully treated DD's yeast and stayed in sposies. But I also bleach my dipes at every wash. You could mix some TTO and Lavender EO, and GSE in a bottle with some water and spritz it on her at every change also, just remember you only need a a couple drops on oil. It's very potent.
Yup that was the name.

Oh, my.. TTO, GSE, Lavender EO (extract something?)... I don't have any of these things.. I might try the ACV in bath water, as I have that on hand. Are these things expensive?

the good news is I don't think it's the CJs or the Dropps if it's a yeast rash, right? I can go back to using both with cloth when this clears up?

Diaperless.. this might sound dumb but someone tell me how this works. He eats, sleeps and poops all day. What do everyone else's LO sit/lay/sleep on if there's no diaper? He'll air pee everywhere, I am thinking ... ?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Knowing its yeast, I'd definitely get some infants powder probiotics and put that in his bottles according to the directions. That will help a lot!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
Knowing its yeast, I'd definitely get some infants powder probiotics and put that in his bottles according to the directions. That will help a lot!
Until it clears up? Or all the time? With every bottle?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeclothmomma View Post
Yup that was the name.

Oh, my.. TTO, GSE, Lavender EO (extract something?)... I don't have any of these things.. I might try the ACV in bath water, as I have that on hand. Are these things expensive?

the good news is I don't think it's the CJs or the Dropps if it's a yeast rash, right? I can go back to using both with cloth when this clears up?

Diaperless.. this might sound dumb but someone tell me how this works. He eats, sleeps and poops all day. What do everyone else's LO sit/lay/sleep on if there's no diaper? He'll air pee everywhere, I am thinking ... ?
EO = essential oil!

put him on a towel for tummy time and let him poop away! Yeast loves dark moist enviroments so a soiled diaper is the perfect place! As for air peeing just cover his boy parts with a cloth wipe.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
EO = essential oil!

put him on a towel for tummy time and let him poop away! Yeast loves dark moist enviroments so a soiled diaper is the perfect place! As for air peeing just cover his boy parts with a cloth wipe.
that would work if he wasn't part David Beckham all the time, lol. No chance that wipe will stay put!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeclothmomma View Post
Yup, I would sanitize (bleach) the diapers and rinse well first though. CJ's also makes a yeast formula to help clear infections, but it's not scented.

Sorry it's yeast but glad you found the problem!
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote