Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 9-14-11 daily chat

I have to say I love the small town that I live in. Everyone here is so nice and actually cares about each other. We have so many trees in our yard, so we aren't able to do a garden, so our neighboors on both sides of us do large ones. They are constantly bringing us fresh veggies and even planted special things just for us. I have the best neighboors ever. The lady across the street is always baking something and it's just her and her DH, so she always brings us half of whatever she bakes. She even makes sure to take DDs allergies into consideration. When I was still nursing, she would always call and make sure things where okay to go through the milk supply too. (DS had lots of sensitivities) It is just so strange from what we left at our old house.

So far today I haven't had one gagging episode...Just some light nausea! It has been so nice. I made muffins for the kids for breakfast and was even able to clean up the mess. I was also able to do diaper laundry and sort through lots of totes of kids clothes and get them organized by gender and size. It has been a very productive day. Oh, and I got a shower! I was super excited about that.

Advertisement

& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br2me View Post
U will love country life!!! Yes it will take a nice drive to get to anywhere big to shop or eatout somewhere nice... But the country air and all the space for kids... The friendly neighbors who actually care to get to know you and want to help you out when they can... I LOVE country life!!!
I am excited, here I know one neighbour and only enough to wave when we drive by. It takes 20 minutes to get to the only chain type of restaurant - a Kelsey's, I know because that is where he had the dinner part of the interview, lol. The nearest mall/walmart is a 40 minute drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWgurl619 View Post
I'm jealous of your soon to be country life... Where I live now, the country life here is all rednecks, hillbillies and white trash.. It's awful! The lack of education here! can't wait to move away from here!!!
Yikes, no wonder you want out. Thankfully where we are going they are all well educated. It's hard to work for a government nuclear research lab without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNclothdiaperin'Momma View Post
I have to say I love the small town that I live in. Everyone here is so nice and actually cares about each other. We have so many trees in our yard, so we aren't able to do a garden, so our neighboors on both sides of us do large ones. They are constantly bringing us fresh veggies and even planted special things just for us. I have the best neighboors ever. The lady across the street is always baking something and it's just her and her DH, so she always brings us half of whatever she bakes. She even makes sure to take DDs allergies into consideration. When I was still nursing, she would always call and make sure things where okay to go through the milk supply too. (DS had lots of sensitivities) It is just so strange from what we left at our old house.

So far today I haven't had one gagging episode...Just some light nausea! It has been so nice. I made muffins for the kids for breakfast and was even able to clean up the mess. I was also able to do diaper laundry and sort through lots of totes of kids clothes and get them organized by gender and size. It has been a very productive day. Oh, and I got a shower! I was super excited about that.
I hope we can find a place like that! Right now we have to start looking for a place to live, not many places for rent in the middle of nowhere almost Northern Canada and I don't want to/can't buy yet. We may have to start in the town over - Petawawa, a big military base.

Glad your day was so productive & that you're feeling a bit better. I hope it sticks for at least a few days to give you a break.

I attempted to do laundry, only finished/folded/put away one load so dp is stuck with the rest Though I kind of hate it when he does laundry since it ends up in baskets not put away and I have to deal with it in the morning or else it will sit for weeks...not that that has happened on multiple occasions

I want to try to get down our clothing and such so that this is impossible. Right now we could easily go 3-4 weeks without even starting to run out of clothes.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know about the laundry. I have to admit that on more than one occassion it has sat in the basket for a more than what should be allowed period of time.

Hopefully you can start getting things together so you can at least start looking at places. We moved when I was 8 months pregnant with DD and it was hard. We knew we would be moving, so we didn't buy anything before moving. I was constantly overdoing things and trying to get everything lined up and just make it look like a baby was going to be living there.
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
crunch!910
Registered Users

I could have done without this stress yet AGAIN this pregnancy.

We won't be able to move into a 3br place... so I have NO clue where this baby is going. Government says DH can work and doesn't qualify for disability, but when he does get a job, he gets let go because of his limp. So what the heck are we supposed to do? And since I'm working, he's not, but *I'm* the one that produces milk in this relationship, we won't even be able to save money by breastfeeding. My body doesn't respond well to pumping, so when I go back to work I'll dry up quickly and will need formula, needing even more assistance from WIC for that.

I'm just tired. I'm just so tired of feeling ashamed for needing assistance and being judged for it when I'm working the absolute hardest I can and DH has tried finding jobs and gets laid off. I thought things would be different this pregnancy. DH had found work. We had plans of a 3BR house, baby having its own nursery, and being able to afford things.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post

We won't be able to move into a 3br place... so I have NO clue where this baby is going. Government says DH can work and doesn't qualify for disability, but when he does get a job, he gets let go because of his limp. So what the heck are we supposed to do? And since I'm working, he's not, but *I'm* the one that produces milk in this relationship, we won't even be able to save money by breastfeeding. My body doesn't respond well to pumping, so when I go back to work I'll dry up quickly and will need formula, needing even more assistance from WIC for that.

I'm just tired. I'm just so tired of feeling ashamed for needing assistance and being judged for it when I'm working the absolute hardest I can and DH has tried finding jobs and gets laid off. I thought things would be different this pregnancy. DH had found work. We had plans of a 3BR house, baby having its own nursery, and being able to afford things.
I wish I knew how to help you out. I can't imagine the stress that comes with all of this. Hopefully something will start working out for your family.
& DS (4/13/12)

Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910

I feel ya mama. We are in a similar financial situation and yes, it blows and is stressful.. I wish I could help you but all I can say is it will work out the way it's supposed to. mama.

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson

Last edited by VWgurl619; 09-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on the job! Moving is always a pain but better now then after the baby is born!

This exhaustion has got to go away NOW! DH even started complaining today which is rare, rare for him. He never picks like that (even tho it wasn't really picking). We have been so busy, and I have been so sick I am over it.

I have my first appointment tomorrow, finally!!!

Hope everyone is feeling good!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post

Sorry momma!! Financial troubles are the worst. I have to say, I know a family that have a 2 bedroom apt and they have two kids, one born last December. They are making it work as you will! Huggs!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I'm sorry, I know that really sucks. I know you will find a way to meet your family's needs...that's what moms do! :-) just know you're not alone, so many of us are really struggling right now.

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Yeah i'm right there with you. Dh has not been making money for close to 4 months now. And before that he wasn't making good money. We have been living off his family, wic and food stamps for way too long. At least since the house is in foreclosure we don't have to pay rent.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote