Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #21
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 9-14-11 daily chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I could have done without this stress yet AGAIN this pregnancy.

We won't be able to move into a 3br place... so I have NO clue where this baby is going. Government says DH can work and doesn't qualify for disability, but when he does get a job, he gets let go because of his limp. So what the heck are we supposed to do? And since I'm working, he's not, but *I'm* the one that produces milk in this relationship, we won't even be able to save money by breastfeeding. My body doesn't respond well to pumping, so when I go back to work I'll dry up quickly and will need formula, needing even more assistance from WIC for that.

I'm just tired. I'm just so tired of feeling ashamed for needing assistance and being judged for it when I'm working the absolute hardest I can and DH has tried finding jobs and gets laid off. I thought things would be different this pregnancy. DH had found work. We had plans of a 3BR house, baby having its own nursery, and being able to afford things.
That's hard mama. I'll pray for you.

We live in a 2 bedroom and won't be moving to a 3 bedroom anytime soon, it's out of our finances. We plan on co-sleeping so the baby will be in our room. We also have a small spot I can put the cradle and eventual mini crib. Once the baby is older though, we'll see. I co-slept till my son was 10 months, but want to go longer this time. The only reason we stopped was because my husband deployed and my old bed at my parents was only a creaky double so it didn't quite work out.

Advertisement

Last edited by blueone; 09-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I will be praying for all you mommas that are having money trouble. I can't imagine having that stress on top of pregnancy.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
That's hard mama. I'll pray for you.

We live in a 2 bedroom and won't be moving to a 3 bedroom anytime soon, it's out of our finances. We plan on co-sleeping so the baby will be in our room. We also have a small spot I can put the cradle and eventual mini crib. Once the baby is older though, we'll see. I co-slept till my son was 10 months, but want to go longer this time. The only reason we stopped was because my husband deployed and my old bed at my parents was only a creaky double so it didn't quite work out.
We are NOT cosleepers. I can't get any rest so long as baby is in my bed. And our bed isn't big enough. DH doesn't even like baby in our room! But, baby will be in our room in a pack n play w/ bassinet. We found a mini-mattress that will fit in all Graco playpens. Things are about to get a lot tighter around here! I'm going to be doing some serious spring cleaning and minimalizing come next March!!!

Maybe this was a blessing in disguise...staying here is cheaper and will allow us to save more money than if DH had an income and we moved to a more expensive place. We were also planning to rent to own. Next year after our lease is up, I'd been at my job for 2 years and Dh might be working by then and we will hopefully qualify for home loan - which is much, much better than rent to own anyway. So.. if we stick it out here, might pay off bigger in the long run. So now I'm not trying to let myself stress over it or be sad because our plans felll through. Now, just preparing and making do with what we have and pretending we never wanted more.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #24
froggymiamore
Registered Users
seller

Since it's almost tomorrow and someone will start a new chat thread I figured i'd end this one with a little TMI...

I POOPED!!!

you have to understand... having hyperemesis and being on zofran have made it damn near impossible for me to go. It had been 9 days!!! Granted, there's a lot more in there, but this is a start!!!!!! here's me ----->
Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
We are NOT cosleepers. I can't get any rest so long as baby is in my bed. And our bed isn't big enough. DH doesn't even like baby in our room! But, baby will be in our room in a pack n play w/ bassinet. We found a mini-mattress that will fit in all Graco playpens. Things are about to get a lot tighter around here! I'm going to be doing some serious spring cleaning and minimalizing come next March!!!

Maybe this was a blessing in disguise...staying here is cheaper and will allow us to save more money than if DH had an income and we moved to a more expensive place. We were also planning to rent to own. Next year after our lease is up, I'd been at my job for 2 years and Dh might be working by then and we will hopefully qualify for home loan - which is much, much better than rent to own anyway. So.. if we stick it out here, might pay off bigger in the long run. So now I'm not trying to let myself stress over it or be sad because our plans felll through. Now, just preparing and making do with what we have and pretending we never wanted more.
Love your outlook! DH and I have had several conversations about something similar to this. It's pretty amazing how things seem so much more doable or acceptable when you have a positive outlook. While we struggle with finances, we both know that we can always make it through anything. Opportunities seem to present themselves when they are most needed as long as we are working hard, staying focused on our goals, and keeping a positive attitude. Not always easy, but it's pretty great when it works. Keep it up