Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry Can't get DD to leave her diapers ON!

So DD just gave up her binky. She turned two and the binky fairy came. LOL. Anyways, now she's trying th stay up and taking off her diaper. Yesterday I went in there and found her naked, totally out and had peed on the floor. So floor got steam cleaned, and she tried it again today. I figured something would happen but I didn't think it would be quite like this. She's passed out now, diaper PINNED on with a pul cover snapped on top...but cover is next to her on the floor. I'm praying she doesn't soak the floor again. Any ideas on how to keep a cover on her? Do you think she'd be able to get out of a fleece or a wooly soaker? I think that's the only thing I can do at this point. Normally she goes to bed in a pocket, but those are just too easy to take off! Maybe we'll be doing some pockets during the day now, and pins and soakers at night. Now I'm worried this will rock the boat of cloth at night! I don't want her wet, but I know she'd pull off a sposie even faster. Any ideas short of pling? I don't think she's quite ready for that.

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Can't get DD to leave her diapers ON!

What about the better world covers with a buckle on top of velcro?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I may have to try those! Thanks!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Put the cover on backward so she can't reach the tabs, for sure, and put a snug wool soaker with a long waist on at night.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Oh I have so been there! My 3yo was the diaper houdini! We used to do backwards pjs with the zipper on the back. Then we'd put Flip snapping covers on him BACKWARDS over a duct taped sposie at night. Yes, I'm totally serious Still about half the time I'd get up in the morning to him completely naked with all the sheets off his crib. Fun times!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL. Sad but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Right before we switched to CD full time she did this with sposies. Hate to even say we used them.... Anyways, I'll try backwards and soakers before I buy something else, but I'm SO glad they have something else I can try if it doesn't! Thanks again.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

zippered PJs on backwards, with snap underneath, no velcro in this house with my houdini. my sister had to go so far as safety-pinning the zipper up on the backward PJs on my niece!!

I've never put DD to bed in just a diaper b/c I fear this!!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have u tried putting a onesie on her?
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
days_fly_by
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ha! My 21 month old started doing this and I gave up and let him run neked and just followed him around "catching" his pees with the bowl of his potty, lol. Within the week he was peeing on his little potty on his own 80% of the time. He hasn't been in a daytime diaper at all in over 24 hours now, not even for a 1 hour and 40 minute trip to the grocery store. Yes I've had puddles and steamy piles but that just comes with the territory. This morning when I tried to diaper him to take the big kids to school he downright refused. He won and we let him go 'commando' under his jammies. Soooo I guess we're doing this.

Anyway, my long-winded point is, maybe bust out the little potty and see what transpires during all that self-imposed naked time.

ETA: For overnights I would totally put one-piece jammies on her backwards, lol. Wow I hope we don't have to cross that bridge just yet!

Last edited by days_fly_by; 09-14-2011 at 08:25 PM.
days_fly_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #10
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mostly during the day she is fine. It's only at night time and naps mostly. She only takes a pocket off day time if she's already wet. I put some SUPE tight pants on lastnight. They wicked a little so I took those off but she was already alseep, so lastnight went pretty well. I love the jammy idea too. Since it's time to start getting some fall ones out I'm going to try that too.