Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quick-what to do with puking babies?!?

I'm away on business since Sunday and DH is feeding EBM frozen since December. He had fresh to add in but ran out by Tuesday afternoon. Both boys are throwing up every 6 ish hours. Like wash-the-carseat puking. They have never done this before. Their bowel pattern is normal, no diarrhea and they seem happy overall. I am assuming it's the frozen milk but what to do? Should DH cut it half and half with formula (they do get some powder added to up kcal so we have it in the house) or cows milk which we have cut in intermittently? Help!

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Quick-what to do with puking babies?!?

Hmmm... is he leaving defrosted milk in the fridge too long? When my DD1 was being bottlefed with exclusively pumped milk while in the hospital, I was told milk that was frozen and defrosted was on good for 24 hours. Also, if they are used to it being warm, is he warming it up first? Poor babies!!! Hope they feel better.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep and yep. Since they are still acting fine and it's not every feed I'm leaning towered just continuing as I will be home tomorrow with fresh milk ( assuming I make it through security with 100+ oz of EBM!).