Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
mcmommy19
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question What is a co op

I keep reading how many moms have ordered diapers or gotten diapers through a co op and just wanted to know, what is it and how can I find one? Thanks!

Advertisement

mcmommy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
orangemegs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is a co op

bump I have the same question!
orangemegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Its an organized group buy, where a bunch of people place an order at the same time and receive some level of discount for doing so. The turn around time is a bit longer then lets day a custom order but have the advantages of the discount and getting hard to find /impossible items you couldn't get otherwise.

Last edited by Aidensmommalove; 09-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Aidensmommalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
toddler&triplets
Registered Users
seller

There is a coop thread under forums here on diaperswappers. You have to have 50 posts and 10 feedback ratings to apply and be accepted to join the group. To apply, you click on UserCP at the top of the page (it's in the really light purple bar in white lettering on the left side just above the Post Reply button). From there, you go to networking or social groups...can't quite remember, but you can apply from the UserCP.
I don't know if I'm allowed to say, but there are other coops you can join on websites like bargaingirls or on facebook.
When you do a group buy through a coop, you often get a wholesale price or very good discount. One person hosts the buy, organizing what everyone wants. Then the items are shipped to that one person who repackages it and sends it to you. You usually pay a small fee to cover the packing supplies (like $1) and then you pay the cost of actual shipping to you. It does take longer to get the stuff usually, but it's well worth it if you can get the items at a huge discount IMO. I've seen coops for diapers, custom diapers, CJs products, food, etc.
toddler&triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
mcmommy19
Registered Users

My Mood:

Fantastic! Thanks!
mcmommy19 is offline   Reply With Quote