Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Modal Fabric?

I found a sheet made of Modal at the thrift store. It's extremely soft, somewhat stretchy. Everything I'm reading about it makes it sound like it is more absorbant than cotton, similar to rayon, and takes a dye like cotton. The sheet is thin, but it feels quite heavy.

Has anyone used Modal in diaper making? Or any other application? I'm banking on the babyville boutique diaper making supplies to show up at Joanns or Hobby Lobby in my town and was thinking about dying and using modal as an inner.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
Loreanne
Registered Users

Re: Modal Fabric?

I don't know a lot about modal, or anything about making diapers. However, I have towels that have modal in them and they are luxurious and absorbent. Also, my favorite nightgowns have modal in them. I'm always on the search for clothing with modal because it feels SO good! It is easily my favorite material. It's definitely a heavier fabric, though. If you don't use it for diapers, use it for something wearable!
Loreanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Modal Fabric?

I was considering a cotton and modal mix yarn but waiting for other opinions because the is only one review