Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
i want to use my snappis!

So i have some snappis that i was able to use when dd was smaller with my infant prefolds ( i have bummis organic infant prefolds), but now she's outgrown them (5 months, 15 lbs). I really like using prefolds, but i've been simply pad folding them in covers since they're too small to use with a snappi. I'm thinking of getting bigger prefolds (or even flats) because i want to be able to snappi (or pin...i have pins but i'm scared to try them out!) the dipes on her (and i really want to work on that jelly roll fold!)

so my question is...what do you think are the best prefolds or flats to use for snappi-ing? I'm looking for something absorbant, trim, but also for a reasonable price (as i'm choosing these because they are supposed to be the cheapest way to CD). Please Advise!!!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
reybar-2009
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: i want to use my snappis!

I have zaby baby and they are perfect. They are trim, absorbent and they are wider than other pf. I just love them
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried bikini twisting your infant PFs? 15lbs seems really small to outgrow infants. The next size would be regular/premium and is only slightly wider and quite a bit longer. If you tried an angel fold, you'd be folding down ALOT of rise. The bikini twist gives you way more width and lets you snappi when angel fold doesn't.

If you do want to size up, FSOT usually has prefolds available by the FRB since they're so heavy to ship.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Even the nicer prefolds (GMD, Diaper Rite) are a good value when you consider the cost per diaper. I really like the sizing on those. They are wider and shorter so they fit nicely.

A lot of people like Nicki's smart fit prefolds too. They are nice but their sizing is a little wonky and inconsistent. I have some smalls--the unbleached ones are the same size as newborn prefolds, and the bleached ones are the length of infant prefolds but only a hair wider. I have some medium bleached ones that run a full inch smaller than what they list as their washed dimensions. I prefer the Diaper Rites b/c I know what I'm getting.

I don't like snappi'ing flats b/c I'm more likely to have the snappi poke through. Maybe I'm not using the right fold, but I like pins better for flats.

Also, don't forget to upgrade to a toddler snappi when the regular one gets too small. It makes a big difference!
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Have you tried bikini twisting your infant PFs? 15lbs seems really small to outgrow infants. The next size would be regular/premium and is only slightly wider and quite a bit longer. If you tried an angel fold, you'd be folding down ALOT of rise. The bikini twist gives you way more width and lets you snappi when angel fold doesn't.

If you do want to size up, FSOT usually has prefolds available by the FRB since they're so heavy to ship.
I have been angle wing folding them, so i think i will try the bikini twisting to see if this helps. i definitely thought this was early for her to grow out of them.

What dose "available by the FRB" mean? Sorry new to DS and i'm not sure of all the lingo yet

I do have some flour sack towels to use as flats, maybe i'll watch some tutorials on how to use diaper pins properly.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbert921 View Post

I have been angle wing folding them, so i think i will try the bikini twisting to see if this helps. i definitely thought this was early for her to grow out of them.

What dose "available by the FRB" mean? Sorry new to DS and i'm not sure of all the lingo yet

I do have some flour sack towels to use as flats, maybe i'll watch some tutorials on how to use diaper pins properly.
'Flat Rate Box'

oh and a few tricks with pins, pull the diaper MUCH tighter than you think you need to, it loosens up alot after pinned and keep a finger inbetween the pin and baby always slide the pin perpendicular to tummy.

Last edited by JamesWife; 09-15-2011 at 09:19 AM.
JamesWife is offline   Reply With Quote