Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Amylea01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flip System

I am new to cloth diaperers. I invested in the Flip System. My concern is that the liners do NOT stay flat. Whenever I change his diaper, it is always rolled up on one side. I have used both the stay dry and the organic liners. Had the same problem with both. Also, every time that I have used the organic liners they have leaked. I have pre washed them plenty of times, so I don't think that should be the issue.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Amylea01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flip System

This is one reason why I don't like the flip system with the inserts they come with. I love, love flip covers because of the fit and gentle leg elastic, but I use them over fitteds or prefolds secured with a snappi so there is no shifting.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Amylea01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your response.... What fitted or prefolds do you suggest? I bought some four sack towels to use, but they aren't what I plan on using for the long haul.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I prefer the sized, wider prefolds, like GMD (greenmountaindiapers.com), Diaper Rite, Imagine Smart Fit, or Zabi. This makes for a perfect fit with no folding.

The fitteds I have are all me-made, converted from prefolds.

You can fold up a flat to snappi it, try the kite or origami fold.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Amylea01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One more question..... So the prefold would just lay down in the diaper like the flip liners that I have now?
I have been looking at the flats on Green Mountain Diapers.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
Military Gals Jewelry
Registered Users
Formerly: Texasarmywifey
seller

My Mood:
I lay in the Thirsties hemp they work amazing, the regular prefolds seem to big under the cover

Enter Diaperswapper1 for 5%
Military Gals Jewelry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylea01 View Post
One more question..... So the prefold would just lay down in the diaper like the flip liners that I have now?
I have been looking at the flats on Green Mountain Diapers.
They certainly could! Its like trifolding in a cover. But I like to wrap the prefold around baby and secure it with a snappi so it doesn't shift around.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what size your baby is so I don't know what snap down setting you're on. But if possible - snap down another size.

DS wears larges in pretty much everything (32lbs) and if I put an insert in my flip cover with it fully unsnapped the insert shifts horribly and often leaks. When I tried it snapped down to the medium setting the insert stays nice and snug in place and it never leaks. If your baby is tiny yet and on the smallest setting this obviously won't help you. But may give you hope for the future.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna'sMommy View Post
I'm not sure what size your baby is so I don't know what snap down setting you're on. But if possible - snap down another size.

DS wears larges in pretty much everything (32lbs) and if I put an insert in my flip cover with it fully unsnapped the insert shifts horribly and often leaks. When I tried it snapped down to the medium setting the insert stays nice and snug in place and it never leaks. If your baby is tiny yet and on the smallest setting this obviously won't help you. But may give you hope for the future.
That is a very good point. Flips keep surprising me. My 21 pound 15 month old is on the smallest rise setting!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Amylea01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna'sMommy View Post

Ahhh... I hadn't thought about that! He is almost 2. Probably close to 30 lbs. I will try a different snap. I just automatically put it on the largest.

Thank you everyone for your help!