Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
My Mood:
Re: Starting a stash Q and diaper pail Q?

Originally Posted by yarrowwind View Post
To mariamommy: Wow, dry seems to be the in-thing now! If you don't get something locking (or keep it in an off-limits room) don't you worry about the baby getting into it?

To Kissed by the Moon: I am thinking about Kawaii too, also the Kawaii nighttime ones (those have pretty good reviews and I think pockets might be better for nighttime). I found Fuzzibuns seconds for $11.95 so not that bad really.
$12 is good for fuzzibunz, though some kawaiis you can get for $8 (at least I know I have some on sale for that price now). Typical range is $9ish-$12 for minky/night time. They both work well for us.

mama of two lovely kids!
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
Registered Users

To: Kissed by the Moon

I would buy more of the "big brands" if I had more money but I really have to keep the total stash (and accessories like snappis, travel sized wet bags, etc) around $500. I've gotten some good deals so far tho (so far the diapers were either seconds or bought on DiaperSwappers on the cheap).

I will check out your store tho! Looks like some good deals...

yarrowwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

wahmies originals are a great os pocket that fots every baby from preemie to toddler. The s-hooks have a bit of a learning curb to them but if you're dedicated enough to use prefolds, wahmies won't be a problem for you. The poly-velour inners stand the test of time and resist staining better than the cotton inners, imo but my son has a super sensitivity to synthetics so we use the cotton ones and sun them like crazy.

As for the pail: We've never used a liner. I dry pail, though. All poo diapers get rinsed or sprayed before going in the pail and pee diapers just get tossed in. I always wash within 48hrs and clean my pail between uses. Simplehuman (at Walmart) is a little pricier than the canopy brand but it's a LOT more durable. It's a step-lid stainless can with a plastic removable can inside. I literally just pull out the plastic bin and dump it into the washer, then clean and dry it and put it back in the stainless can. I DO wish I would've bought the larger one, though. It still looks brand new after 9 months.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Registered Users

I had 6 diaper covers for a newborn. I had XS Thirties which were huge for a while, and the Bummis were a tad more fitted. I think I used mainly the Bummis for the first couple of weeks. For the last two months I did prefolds (diaper service) I had Thirsties Duo Covers (two or three) and then three Thirsties Small covers. I really liked the Thirsties Duo Cover, and had I continued to c/d (had to stop due to recurrent yeast infections, and that DD2 was most likely allergic to diaper service detergent) I most likely would've done the Thirsties Duo Cover.
Anniep625 is offline   Reply With Quote