Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Anniep625
Registered Users
seller

Question Tell me about BG Elementals

I tried cding with DD2 when she was an infant and we had to stop due to reccurent yeast infections (we think she was allergic to the diaper service detergent). Now I pulled out the Fuzzi Bunz one size diapers to use at night and low and behold they worked well and I am now thinking about getting some all in ones to use when we are at home. DD2 is in daycare M-F so these would mainly be for holidays and weekends (and DH will probably just use sposies).

So what makes these any different than the regular 4.0s.

For just mainly weekend use 8 diapers would work, right? I have 5 Fuzzi Bunz right now.

Or should I try something else?

DD2 is about 22lbs.

Advertisement

Last edited by Anniep625; 09-16-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Anniep625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about BG Elementals

My dd is 26ish pounds and I love them for her. If I was doing it all over these would be the only diaper in my stash (past newbie stage). My dd is 18 months and she usually goes through 6 diapers a day so I'd go for 12 but I tend to go overboard. Using only on weekends though you'd be able to line dry - they take a while - but they'd last for a long time that way.

They're different from the 4.0 in that you don't have to stuff them and they're cotton not microfiber. The only think I don't like at this point is dd needs a rise setting between the medium and large right now. But I don't mind because they work so well, don't leak for us, and do not leave red marks.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
KoalaHuggerz
Registered Users
Formerly: ShowJumperJen
seller

My Mood:

Yeah they are super easy, but dry slow. I line dry all of my covers (anything with pul in it), and they take 2 days to dry. Pockets dry QUICK and I throw all the liners in the dryer but you have to stuff. Still love both!
KoalaHuggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS in 15 months and 25ish lbs and they fit him great. The only All in One I like.
allisonmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

They are our favorites and most of our stash. They do take a long time to dry, but that is because they are SO absorbant. We find them to fit from about 1 month old all the way until potty training and even on my 1mo he can still fit nicely in his regular size clothes. They are very trim. I prefer them to the 4.0 because I hate stuffing pockets and I want natural fibers. I go through about 7 per day including nights for my 21mo and about 10-12 diapers per day for my 1mo. I would go for a dozen of them if you want to use only those.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Anniep625
Registered Users
seller

I am most likely just going to use them on the weekends and when daycare is closed. I work full time out of the home although my DCP has done cloth before and is still agreeable to it, but at this time I think it's best to try them out at just home. We have Fuzzi Bunz at night.
Anniep625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Favorites here too. DD is 25 or so lbs, 18 months, but I've loved them on her since I first tried them at 5 months.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
They are our favorites too. They are all we use besides flips at night. They dry in an hour on medium heat with a large towel in our dryer. I tried the 4.0's but didn't like the suede cloth or how wide the crotch was.