Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
garzamomi
Registered Users

Used biokleen bac out for the 1st time

So I used biokleen bac out in our diaper wash for the first time yesterday. (My daughter has been having a lot of diarrhea, and diapers were not smelling totally clean. ) Well I read its really important to completely rinse the bac out out of the diapers. I asked around a ppl did one or maybe two extra rinses. I was really cautious and did like 4 extra rinses.

Today my daughter got a terrible diaper rash!! Made me teary she was in so much pain. Is this an obvious reaction to the bac out? I rewashed ALL my diapers tonight. I use homemade detergent. I did a wash with detergent and an extra rinse, then repeated. Do you think this is enough?

Also, any miracle cures for her rash? I went and bought the huggies pure and gentle diapers so i could try to resolve the issue. I have the kissaluvs diaper lotion potion, and I also got california baby calendula cream.

I would appreciate any help... thanks

Advertisement

garzamomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
avonlea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Used biokleen bac out for the 1st time

Hi - really feel for you!!!! Not sure on how old is your lo, but if you can let her air dry as much as possible? If you are going back to disposables for a bit, try mixing Desitin and A&D ointment - that worked for me with a rash -I stopped using wipe solution, just used warm wet cloths to clean and then made sure was dry and then applied the ointment. Hated to use disposables, but you do what you have to...
As for bac out - I love that stuff for cleaning carpets and rinsing out our diaper pail. I did try adding it to our wash a couple times, but it seemed to make the detergent really foamy- Try washing on hot water with no detergent for several good hot washes, that should get it all out....Good luck!
avonlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
luvcheer
Registered Users

My Mood:

we love bac out! i usually use a good squirt in the cold pre-wash. i ready somewhere that this helps neutralize the bacteria and ammonia, helping the detergent in the long hot wash to be most effective. i normally do a double rinse, too, so i never had any issues with any residue or irritation with dd. we have a front loading washer.
luvcheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
nurse&mom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I spray it on all of the poopie diapers. After I spray them off. I do a rinse, hot wash, and a full wash instead of an extra rinse. I have never had a problem with the bacout and I have been using it for my entire CDing journey.

I am on my phone La, La, La!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If your diapers aren't smelling totally clean, you need more detergent....
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
bossmare707
Registered Users
seller

I have used bac out on my dipes before and never had a problem with rashes. But I have heard some babes are sensitive to enzymes. It could be a rash from the diarrhea. My DD had a bad rash from diarrhea once and I took her out of cloth and put her in disposables and literally packed her butt in Triple Paste. It did the trick fast! Also, I agree with airing out as much as possible.

Good Luck!!
bossmare707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

I tried bac out and it seriously helped with stains but my LO was getting burns on his butt with poopy diapers. I switched detergent, quit oxy clean, quit bac out, and eliminated a few foods from his diet (started with this and did the rest over a
couple months). The problem is much much better than it was before and now I'm afraid to try bac out again. Things seemed to get a lot better after eliminating it. But I agree the diarrhea could have caused your LOs rash. I use very liberal amounts of Desitin (purple tube) and a&d until the rash is totally better. Sometimes I add OTC hydrocortisone cream a few times too. Gl!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

bac-out gave us some irritation too. youcould try diluting it with water when you spray it on dipes. we gave it up all together and used baking soda in the prewash instead. i also have thristies prewash which works well and does not give my daughter rashes. baking soda added to the bathwater can help soothe and heal diaper rash.
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

I add bac-out to the first rinse during my diaper washes, and have never had issues but DS generally doesn't have sensitive skin. I do agree that the rash could be the result of the diarrhea but if it only started after the wash with Bac-Out, it is more likely the Bac-Out. Is there a known reason why she's having diarrhea? Don't mean to pry, but if it is antibiotic related, probiotics might help.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote