Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla
They do 'meet and greets' for free at all offices here. Call, tell them you are looking around and you want to meet the mws. They should schedule like a 15 min appointment.
Yes this.

Advertisement

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: I think I have to swtich MWs :(

My husband called for me to schedule an interview appointment with them. They refused. They won't schedule an appointment until I fax over proof of pregnancy, which my former midwife did.

However, what if I was only 4 weeks pregnant, seeking THEM for prenatal care, not yet seen a doc and had no proof of pregnancy to present???? Part of their job is initial pregnancy testing! I don't understand... maybe its a large hospital thing????

So now I have to wait for THEM to call ME to schedule the appointment.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Where do you live? That just seems so wrong!

The hospy where I deliver is University of Colorado, it's a huge hospital. I know ALL docs/mws/obgyns in Colorado (well Denver area) do meet and greets.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
crunch!910
Registered Users

I live over an hour away from the hospital, but the hospital I'm talking about is the Toledo (OH) Hospital.

Maybe it was because my husband called and not me??? Oh well, I have already had an ultrasound, and my midwife faxed that as proof so hopefully they'll be calling me soon. I'm very anxious to meet them ASAP and make sure I don't have to keep looking.

I also need to find a doula now that I'll be in the hospital. Hopefully a less expensive one. :S
Old 09-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #15
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try to find a doula in training. They have to volunteer so many hours to get certified. My neighbor is goinng to volunteer for us as a post partum doula after this baby!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a doula in training so she was free. I was her first birth and she was WONDERFUL. Call a few doulas and see who you click with.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
crunch!910
Registered Users

My appointment isn't until Oct 21. That's the soonest they could get me in for an interview appointment. Which is 4 weeks from now - and since its an interview appointment, I don't think they'll do an actual visit, so from there I don't know how long before I could get in for a prenatal visit with them. If I don't like them, and if it takes as long to get in for interview appointment with someone else, I could be 20 weeks before I even get prenatal care again! This is actually the reason why I didn't switch providers with DS.. I wanted to avoid this hassle.. but that also caused me a csection.

Oh well, whats a few missed appointments peeing in a cup and listening to heartbeat and being sent home?

I'm emailing doulas, but I could only find one on my area. She's already full for around my due date. She gave me her back up doula's email. I've searched and searched and can't find any doulas in training in my area.