Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Kind of new to ttc & feeling so depressed...

Hi, all. We started ttc in June (the same month my 2y9mo weaned). Prior to this, my 2 pregnancies were basically one-shot deals... As in, no ttc involved. I've had my ppafs back since my youngest was 13 months, so awhile. They have been very inconsistent since (heavy, spotting, long time between cycles), but had finally started becoming fairly predictable/regular right before weaning. Since then they've been unpredictable again. DH & I have been ttc like crazy. Nothing. I am shocked it's not happening. I think it's a good time to get an ovulation kit. Any other ideas? Is this just a normal thing? I am so sad... Depressed, really. I mean, how much longer will this go on?

I have been watching for cm (one month it wasn't a lot of egg white) & I've been getting sore breasts after I should have ovulated & this never happened before... Does this mean anything?

Advertisement

Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: Kind of new to ttc & feeling so depressed...

Have you tried charting?
With my previous baby.. I was nursing and temping and I noticed that when I did O, my luteal phase was SO short- there was no way an egg would stick. I would O, and then by 6 days post O I would start my period. I looked into what would cause it and I read about using progesterone cream (I got it at Whole foods I think it was Emerita?). So I started using that and my luteal phase did seem to get longer- and then we conceived when he was around 17 months old.

You've weaned? Your body may still be adjusting back to normal and you could have a hormone imbalance.

I would definitely try charting temps and see whats going on. Use OPK's along with the temping- it helps to do them together.

Also, see if this can be moved to TTC as currently it's in the TTA (trying to Avoid) forum.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Ahhh!!! I'm so sorry! I must have hit something incorrectly on my phone! Thanks for the advice! I'll look into the opks if this month proves unsuccessful & it does seem like things are out of sort right now!

If a moderator sees this, could you please move this to the correct area? Thanks!
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote