Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Preparing for Round 2 with IGT

Hi All!

I'm back!!! I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with our 2nd babe and currently still (dry) nursing 2.5 year old DD for comfort before bed and in the a.m.

I've done some research and just ordered my alfalfa, goat's rue, fennel, saw palmetto, milk thistle and nettle....some of which I will begin using now and some of which is for after babe's birth (along with the world famous Fenugreek, or course).

With #1, I never made more than 8 oz day (measured by before/after weights, not based on pumping output), but was able to have a successful nutritional nursing relationship with a Lact-Aid, donor milk and formula.

Anyone else taken herbs or done other preparation for a subsequent pregnancy that you believe has positively impacted your production? TIA!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preparing for Round 2 with IGT

Bumping up! Seriously no current forum readers/contributors having dealt with Insufficient Glandular Tissue with more than one pregnancy?!?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
mpfanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hmm, I remember reading something about Goats Rue for building tissue? Also Metformin if your IGT is PCOS related.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
mpfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me! I have IGT, and have nursed 2 babies. I never had a full supply, but I did have a better supply the 2nd time around.

For my 2nd pregnancy, I took alfalfa, red raspberry leaf, nettle and red clover. I started malunggay, goat's rue and pumping for 5 mins a day at 34 weeks. Aftet the birth I added in every other herb known to man.

Have you read The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Bekki! I think that we were posting in some of the same forums our first time around together...

Glad to hear a realistic report of your second experience. I'm still awaiting my herbs, but glad to see it looks like I made some of the same choices you did... The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk is my second Bible right now. I tried to pick my supplements based on what I believe may be some of my low production causes. Did you feel that any of those that you chose were particularly more helpful than the others?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRina View Post
Hi Bekki! I think that we were posting in some of the same forums our first time around together...

Glad to hear a realistic report of your second experience. I'm still awaiting my herbs, but glad to see it looks like I made some of the same choices you did... The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk is my second Bible right now. I tried to pick my supplements based on what I believe may be some of my low production causes. Did you feel that any of those that you chose were particularly more helpful than the others?
It's honestly hard to tell which ones had the most effect because I tried so many at once. I do know that alfalfa and goat's rue tend to be the most helpful for the pregnancy.

Have you had your thyroid checked? What about androgens? Those are both important in cases of IGT.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know if domperidone is applicable to IGT, but I took it for low pumping output (pumping due to working full time) and it was a lifesaver. Seriously, I wish I had started taking it much sooner than I did.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
TryingHard
Registered Users
seller

I have IGT/hypoplasia. First baby I did all the herbs and sadly it did nothing for me. Nothing.
Second baby I'm taking domperidone, what a life saver. I'm supplementing with an sns, donated breast milk. But I can still supply 2 feedings a day without supplement, so that's a major step for me.
Dealing with igt is not easy.. I went thru a very rough time in the beginning but now I'm ok. I am successfully nursing my 8 month period free
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #9
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

oh good thread i dont have igt but had a low supply with yds and was unexplained. I took domp but would truly like to avoid it bc the weight gain made my depression/anxiety bad. I need to get that book where the best "cheap" place to get it?
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
It's honestly hard to tell which ones had the most effect because I tried so many at once. I do know that alfalfa and goat's rue tend to be the most helpful for the pregnancy.

Have you had your thyroid checked? What about androgens? Those are both important in cases of IGT.

when can you start these two? i have alfalfa here but need goats rue. MAY have some left from yds have to relook.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote