Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Anyone planning to CD?

Maybe? Possibly?

I'm still researching all the options out there, but I'm pretty sure pockets are out for me. I hate folding laundry so I imagine I'd hate stuffing diapers as well. I'm on a budget so AIOs will be far and few between in my stash. I guess that leaves prefolds and AI2s? I ran up to the Nicki's Diapers store in Madison, WI yesterday and got to poke around at all the different types. Craziness! I think I'm going to use prefolds with the Best Bottoms (AI2) covers for the newborn stage and then once s/he gets a bit older, switch to the snap-in inserts that go with the Best Bottom covers.

What are your thoughts and/or plans?

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
My plans are AIOs and some pockets. I LOVE my BG elementals. I need more! For the nb stage... Probably some AIOs, and fitteds... I am lazy and at first for the first year and a half I should say... I didnt mind stuffing pockets now I'm just blah about it
Sara Disney Junkie Married to Bryan & Mommy to Madilyn 8/09 & Jack 4/12
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning to CD?

I will do fitteds and pfs for the newborn stage. I have mostly pockets and fitteds now. I am sometimes good about stuffing, sometimes not. Right now, not. I love fitteds and wool (interlock, recycled, and knitted).
Wife to R and momma to two boys and two girls!
Need Childcare options, want a live-in au pair? Check out Cultural Care Au Pair! PM me for more details
chayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am not sure about the newborn stage. My last baby was over 8lbs and was up to 10 in a short time I think it took him less them a month. I have FB smalls and Med from my son. So I may just use disposables until the baby fits into the stash I already have seeing that this is the last baby. But we will see how I feel in a few months when I feel a little better about shopping for baby. That and if we find out it is a girl then we have a ton of baby stuff already if it is a boy then we are going to need a bunch of stuff. So at this point I will CD at some point but not sure about the newborn stage.
Amers78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

We have used prefolds primarily with DS since he was born. They are very affordable and easy to care for! I loved Thirsties covers when he was little, but now I prefer Motherease Airflows. Pockets are great for quick changes when babes get into the super wiggly stage, and I often use them when we're out and about and when DS visits grandparents, etc - we only have 8 or so. I also used various pockets at night to keep his skin dry (now he pees through EVERYTHING and hates bulky diapers at night so we just use 'sposies - boo). I'm going to buy more fitteds and wool for the newbie
Lindsay, hanging out with my boys - Big Brother B (5/09) and Little P (4/12). Twin girls expected 1/16!
LnzsOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Registered Users

I have 20+ lil joeys (which I loved! even though they only fit my last for like a week since she was 10lbs 2oz at birth.) after that I have 24 preemie prefolds and a bunch of grobaby covers that I used last time after the cord fell off- i used two prefolds trifolded in the grobaby cover for a while till the bg one size fit good. I have some bg elementals this time too.
BigZsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Registered Users

For DD we use mostly flips stay dry during the day or megaroo extended tab prefolds under a flip cover, and flip organics at night. We didn't start CDing until she was 5 months old so this will be our first shot at CDing a new born. I would really like to start immediately. I know flips are supposed to start fitting at 7lbs. DD was 8lbs 6oz at birth so I'm expecting a large baby. Has anyone used flips with a newborn? I assume I would need some smaller inserts but it would be great to use those covers. I also thought about getting some small megaroos or some little joeys. I just need guidance
Natalie, Wife to my veteran and Mama to our DD "Prissy" (1/14/2010) and DS "The Saw" (4/13/2012) We are a BWing and ERFing Family!
PrissyMaesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Registered Users
We use prefolds from newborn to about a year, then pockets. I have 2 doz prefolds, 2 doz flats, and several covers starting in xs and size 1. I need some new Snappis, and a hanging pail.

Then I want to get into gear and start knitting up some covers! There is a farm near us called Alpacas for Autism, and they have fiber for sale. I think it would be awesome to have locally grown yarn on the baby's butt!
Wife to Jeremy (2/06)
Mama to Nella (10/07), Ezra (9/09), and Eisley Marie born April 13, 2012 in the water
OnAnnaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #9
Registered Users

I have a stash of mostly newborn fitteds (my son had issues with synthetic fibers and PUL). But I also got 9 BG xs and 6 Grovia AIO's. I also have 6 BG Bamboo fitteds in small to take the place of the 6 Tinkle Traps that only fit through 9 pounds. The total newborn count is 36!

I didn't use cloth on my son till he was over a month because I didn't think to get newborn sized diapers, he was only 6.6 when born and even when we did use one size they were huge on him. I wish I had from the start though, cloth contains blowouts so much better. Once I know what the baby is I'm getting some wool!
Happy Wife and Mom to a crazy hyper boy born 7-11-09! and a wonderful daughter born 5-3-12

Last edited by blueone; 09-19-2011 at 06:31 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #10
My Mood:

I have about 4 dozen one size pockets that I'll be using with this baby. Chances are that baby won't fit into them right away, but DD was 9lbs 10oz at birth and 14lbs 14oz by 2 months, so I'm going to do sposies at first, and then cloth once he or she fits into them. It simply doesn't make good financial sense to me to spend the $$ on tiny cloth diapers that my baby may actually be born too big to wear. If I made peanuts, sure, but apparently little me makes big babies.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote