Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #11
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning to CD?

I use Nanipoos nb fitteds and prefolds until they are out of the "quick cover it up before it explodes" faze. Then I go to gerber recieving blankets for flats after that. I have a few fitteds that I use when out and about and a few pockets, but I use the pockets as covers as I hate stuffing. I would rather pre-fold my flats than stuff a m/f insert with scratchy fingers. It feels like fingers on a chalk board for me.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 2 dozen pfs, 6 fitteds, and 8 various covers. I think I am going to buy a few lil joeys and am making a few AI2s after I find out if we are having a boy or girl. My last two kiddos seem to stay small for a long time. They both stayed in newborn size for over a month, I'd say closer to 2 months. So far I have spent less than half a month of what sposies would have cost me, so I definately feel it will be worth it.
After that stage they should fit into the current stash that we have.
& DS (4/13/12)

Last edited by MNclothdiaperin'Momma; 09-19-2011 at 07:42 AM.
MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am planning on CDing. I will be using fitteds for nb, then a mix of dipes until I find ones that I really like. I am going to start with BG and Kawaii I think... all in ones. I am not really keen on the pocket diapers...
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
4kids4me
Registered Users

I use mostly one-sz pockets with my lil one now (almost 10 months). It's not a big deal to stuff them and they dry a lot faster than my fitteds. I'll do the same with this baby. The one-sz started fitting around 10lbs. I've had 2 that reached that weight quickly and 2 that took a while to get there. They are all different so I have no idea what I'll get this time.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm planning too we didn't start with ds until he was 9 months so I have no experience cding a new born. But I have 6 Softbums omni covers and one echo cover. I plan to buy more at least 6 more omni covers and use those with flats from the beginning. Softbums one size goes really small do they should fit no issue. . I'm mostly worried if I have a girl cause I've heard that the Softbums and new born girls leak a bit. I've got a theory as to why that us though so hopefully I can over come that and it never becomes an issue.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't do pockets because I didn't want to stuff too! We did prefolds for the first couple weeks until DD fit into size 1 and OS diapers. I prefer pul cover for day time for NB, otherwise wool covers. When DD got older I stopped using a cover unless we were going out so just the OS diaper. Also we EC'd so DD was dry at night and almost always pooing in potty at 6 months. We will CD this baby too, the same way.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This will be my 3rd cloth diapered baby. We do primarily pfs and fitteds at the nb stage (my babes are 9+lbs) and then start adding pockets later.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't really like AIOs. Unless they make stay dry ones I won't try them again. I do have lots of pfs and some diaps left over from when DD was a newborn. I may buy covers if I find a good deal BUT will wait for everything else until we find out the flavor! If it's another girl I cannot wait to knit longies I am going to start learning soon!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is the first baby that I'll be CDing. what's the difference between pfs and flats?
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I am! With dd I didn't start until 4 months so this will be my first time with a newbie. I am doing mostly prefolds and flats, I have a dozen fitteds for the newborn stage. Really all I need is some covers and maybe a couple aios for daddy. I will be waiting for bf sales.