Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
Tashak
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone planning to CD?

I plan on it. Although I don't plan on starting until the cord falls off, this is our first and there will be enough adjustment without CDing from day one.

I plan on trying as many pockets, prefolds, and hybrids as I can. Not crazy about AIOs due to the drying time. Current I have BG 4.0's and flips in my teeny tiny stash all bought while TTC. Once we find out what this baby is I'll get some FB, Rumparooz and Best Bottoms for sure. Still looking into Charlie Banana and other brands right now, not 100% sure if I'll buy them, unless I find a good sale then all bets are off.

Advertisement

Tashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #32
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am!

I'm in the process of switching our current stash of OS BGE's & XS/S BG Bamboo Fitteds to flats, snappis & wool covers. My DD is 20 months & still using CD's (DS was actively PLing @ her age) so she will be my tester with folding flats & learning to wash & lanolize wool well.

I did use some wool when she was in the newborn stage (2 wool knits & 2 organic wool shorties & 2 organic wool wraps with aplix closures, all from etsy) & I loved it, but didn't need to wash or lanolize more than one or two times before she grew into the OS BGE's, so I didn't get much experience.

So far I've bought (mostly from FSOT forum): a snappy in every color (to satisfy my ocd), 12 ikea burp cloths/flats (100% cotton), 8 tiny bird organics colorgrown flats, 15 hessnatur organic muslin flats, 2 wahm OS wool wraps with snaps, 1 OS Nifty Nappy wool wrap, 3 hessnatur wool shorties, 3 imse visme organic cotton covers (for outings & DH) & I think that's it.

For now at least. Some wool is sized for my DD, some is girly, some gn, so I will probably buy more covers once new baby is born & I know which gender he/she is. Plus, once I've saved up some more PP, I want to buy 1 hemp babies flat (don't know if I'll like hemp) & a dozen GMD unbleached flats to even-out my stash to 4 dozen flats. That way I'll have lots to double fold when new baby is older & hopefully won't need any doublers. I am trying to stick with single layer diapers so I can hand wash when needed &/or quickly wash & dry @ the laundry mat.

Am I crazy?!? Has anyone else done flats since birth & occasionally hand washed?

Last edited by TPLmommy; 09-21-2011 at 01:37 PM.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #33
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy
Am I crazy?!? Has anyone else done flats since birth & occasionally hand washed?
I plan to use mostly only flats with this one but we did use flats from the start with ds too. We just didn't start off until he was around 9 months. I've never wanted to hand wash though. I may be forced to eventually but I really hope not.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote