Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
nicumama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Donor mommies?

Hi,
Im not a donor mommy yet, But Ive been looking into it for my future baby(ies).

Advertisement

Single Mommy to Graciela (07-05-08) Born at 32 weeks
and my furrbabies Eeyore, Snicklefritz and Chance.Home Daycare Provider , . My princess is a cloth diaper Graduate! (4/11)Proudly Canadian, with American Blood, Nascar Fan!!!

ISO: Gymboree Girls 4T clothing
IHA: Cloth diapers, girls clothes 2-3T.
nicumama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
NaplesMom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess technically I would be considered a donor mom. My husband and I are using a surrogate mom after 2 failed adoptions. We had our first round inseminations last week and are currently in the dreaded 2 week wait that seems to take forever. I was also an egg donor back in 2001 which resulted in twin boys for the couple I was working with
NaplesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

congrats to the soon to be added family members and the ones still in planning!!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #14
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

I just wanted to say best wishes to those of you who are using/in the process of using donors for one reason or another. I know its not an easy path. I was an egg donor in 2006 for a dear friend of mine after she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (and finally cleared to carry another child five years later) and it was a very humbling experience from the other side. You are all very brave.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
prettyisa
Registered Users

Hi there! Just thought I'd come and say hello. We used NW also--no hassle--I'm surprised that you had to get your forms notarized! We had to have a friend sign off, but she's our go-to form-signer, and didn't even read what she was signing. I tease her that someday I'm going to get a form made up giving me the deed to her house and she probably won't even notice...
prettyisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had to get notarized, too, but the secretary in my office is a notary & since we're friendly, was already aware "FetusQuest 2009" was underway, so it wasn't a big issue
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hi!! My partner and i used donor sperm to conceive DS.. we went through New England Cryogenic Center (NECC) and LOVED them... they were super easy to work with and amazing customer service We will be going back this spring to conceive #2 with the same donor... annoymous
Old 10-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
mmmommy
Banned

I conceived via donor sperm. I used Xytex (based in GA) and DD's donor is an open ID release donor, which means when she's of age (18), they'll send a packet containing his contact information.

I have several pictures, personality tests, IQ scores, complete family history (4 generations), videos and a written essay by him.

I'm in contact with 22 other families as well (all are same-sex couples or single moms, like myself).
mmmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to bump this for other new moms or moms to be that might have questions...we are settling in to life with a family of 4. Its really funny because people who don't know our situation still look at DH and name all the traits they think our kids got from him!! When we are out of ear shot from them we jokingly say we paid extra for that since we have photo matching done with both!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to bump this for other new moms or moms to be that might have questions...we are settling in to life with a family of 4. Its really funny because people who don't know our situation still look at DH and name all the traits they think our kids got from him!! When we are out of ear shot from them we jokingly say we paid extra for that since we have photo matching done with both!