Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hate bedtime!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Why not just do it on the floor? Maybe with a thin mat that's not too fluffy, or put a mattress on the floor and nurse him there?
I could try that. Maybe I can take his little mat from his pack n play and put it on the floor in his room and keep a monitor close by. I just don't want him to roll and get up under the bed, which in that tiny room would only take a couple rolls!

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

DD acts like that when she's overtired. I have to sit with her after she pops off the bewb for 20 minutes exactly before attempting to put her down.

Can you get a toddler railing for the guest bed? I nurse DD in our bed for naps sometime, then after 10 mins or so sneak out. Maybe you could try that during the day (and at night)?

Hugs!! Not being needed every.single.moment and getting a full nights sleep would be a dream!!!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214
DD acts like that when she's overtired. I have to sit with her after she pops off the bewb for 20 minutes exactly before attempting to put her down.

Can you get a toddler railing for the guest bed? I nurse DD in our bed for naps sometime, then after 10 mins or so sneak out. Maybe you could try that during the day (and at night)?

Hugs!! Not being needed every.single.moment and getting a full nights sleep would be a dream!!!
This is what I was going to say. The toddler rails are fairly cheap at walmart and target here. I think $15-30 at the most.

My dd is 4 months and she gets so fussy like this when she has a little gas and when she is overly tired. And she naps better by herself in our room with a fan on. (I swear a constant white noise like that helps.)
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I hate bedtime!!!

Every night (and all through the day for naps, too) I nurse LO to sleep. After about 15-20 minutes, he's really asleep (like, limp arms and legs and his eyes stop moving under his eyelids, breathing slows down, etc.) then I gently lay him down in his crib a few steps from our bed. If I am really slow and gentle when I lay him down and roll him to his tummy (where he sleeps best) he doesn't wake up. If he stirs just a bit, I quickly do a little "shhh, shhh, shhh" and gently pat his bottom rhythmically and he fades back off to dream land.

I hear ya on just wanting some alone time now and then. Its nice to be needed and loved but it would be nice, sometimes, not to be needed quite so much - haha. It'll get better and you'll find things that work. It does sound like he's getting ready to crawl and that was a very disruptive stage for sleep for my LO. I've heard that's common so, just know that once he starts crawling, he will probably sleep better... well, except, then they seem to want to "practice" crawling around the bed in their sleep and that is a whole new fun experience... Sorry. Back to the positives: it'll pass and you will make it.