Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Users

Has anyone else received mastitis from their LO nursing on the wrong spot? I fell asleep nursing and woke up with a dark spot from suction yesterday, today I'm very sore, high fever, chills, typical signs of mastitis. My midwife called in a prescription of antibiotics, hopefully I'll be doing better soon.

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I had a very bad case of mastitis when my son was two weeks old. I ended up having blood come out and then i dried up. It was the most painful experience i had ever been through. With that being said. At least you know what it is and are getting antibiotics. I let myself be deathly sick for a week before getting help but by then it was to late. It hurts but if you cant feed try and pump if you get engorged. The worst thing to do is stop feedings. Hot showers. Hot packs & ice packs will help also. Motrin every few hours to keep the fever down. Good luck! Im praying with this baby i get to breastfeed and not get sick and ive done all the research i can!! I understand how you feel though :/
christian crunchy sahm gentle mamato steel titus 12/18/10 and summit traiger 11/16/11. married to my love 5/18/10. co sleeping.cloth diapering. babywearing. breastfeeding. no vax. erf ing.
LoVemy2boys:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have been nursed on incorrectly plenty of
times, sometimes leaving a bruise, but never got mastitis or plugged ducts from it. It might have just been a coincidence that those events happened at the same time, but maybe there was a link.
Either way, I hope you feel well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Ann, Mommy to 3 beautiful, boisterous boys:
Liam - 6 1/2, Emmett - 4, almost 5
and Callan - 22 months
aept is offline   Reply With Quote