Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
vadagracesmommy
Registered Users
seller

Breastfed Baby refuses bottle

My son is 5 months old. We have worked with allergies and all that comes with them, and I think we have it narrowed down to dairy, soy and eggs. now that we have that figured out and DS is not comfort feeding as much, I would like to let my hubby give a bottle, but we cant get DS interested. Anyone have any tips?

Advertisement

vadagracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Breastfed Baby refuses bottle

He's probably passed the threshold of time where he could get used to a bottle, my daughter wouldn't take one & I was glad cause it's less I have to worry about, and I work full time, I went home every 2, then 3, then 4 hours to keep nursing her. I know not everyone has that flexibility though. So I say if you don't have to get baby on a bottle, don't worry about it. Best wishes.
MyChubs0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter stopped taking a bottle around that time, and she didn't nurse at all for 4 or 5 hours at a time at daycare, and then just nursed a bunch later. She grew and grew and grew...so I didn't worry about it. It was cool to not have to pump at work
Old 09-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Probably not going to happen at this point. I started trying to get dd to take one at 3 months and she wouldn't have anything to do with it. I just got her to finally drink out of a sippy once a few days ago, she'll be 1 in 3 weeks! She prefers to drink out of a regular cup.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
vadagracesmommy
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking it was not going to happen, was still hopeful. We did try to give bottles, but he didnt really take to them. I would really like to go somewhere without him for a change, but I feel bad if there is no way to feed the guy. His eating pattern is all over the place, between me messing up with my diet, getting teeth, and him growing like crazy.

Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChubs0831 View Post
I say if you don't have to get baby on a bottle, don't worry about it.
I tried to give my baby a bottle at 5 weeks, but she didn't eat as well from the bottle as from the breast. So she's still EBF at 5mo. I'm a SAHM, so I don't need to put her on the bottle. Honestly, I'm kinda happy the bottle didn't work out for us because I would be missing all this lovable snuggle time with my little pumpkin!

Good luck, mama!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:

Love your profile picture jcalumna!!
MyChubs0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadagracesmommy View Post
I was thinking it was not going to happen, was still hopeful. We did try to give bottles, but he didnt really take to them. I would really like to go somewhere without him for a change, but I feel bad if there is no way to feed the guy. His eating pattern is all over the place, between me messing up with my diet, getting teeth, and him growing like crazy.

Thanks everyone for the input!
By 5 months he should be able to drink from a cup, even if someone has to hold it. I started teaching our daughter to drink from a cup around that time.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
vadagracesmommy
Registered Users
seller

I let him drink from my water with a staw today and he did really well. Maybe I can get some time away from the kiddo yet :-P I love having time with him, but I would really like a shot at a date night with my hubby
Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
MarmotMommy
Registered Users
seller

My DD never took a bottle, but she will drink milk out of a sippy cup...(started doing that at 4 months, with someone holding cup for her).
MarmotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote